Did Something Happen Today ? lost programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for posting those images, saved the links to them in case some other hapless 4dtv victim needs them :) My EMM is 4160, my "CK" says 3435 the sub mode is US my "TDT" is 1708.

Whatever all that means. I'm still a bit sketchy about "US" unidentified service working even after browsing through the posts. I'm sitting on T7 (wishing it would come on so im not in complete silence here)

The 4160 means your on the Comcast SAC. The 3435 means your running Decembers CK. Your TDT is fine for conversion. Motorola has fixed the glitches a few weeks back, I would redo the 4 Step to no brick on my site. It probably will work and then you can watch tv :).

You actuator is probably frozen. If you get signal & quality on X4 forget it for the short term since forcing it may screw it up completely. Do the conversion again, since your on 4160 already you can probably skip step 3. If that don't work do all 4 and report back. Good Luck.

"US" unidentified service means just what it says. In short it cannot find the Service ID so nada, nothing.

I'm no expert but something does sound wacky.

As I understand it W5 and the "new" X4 are in the same position. X4 used to be Ku band it is now C Band and is used for the Comcast SAC (sky vision/srl) to you & me.
>> I think it may be acting a bit whacky now for being snowed up/frozen. It doesnt make sense that i can go to X4 but not W5 right now. I used to >>have them both set the same. I dont know how to check W5's position when it wont let me move to it. I may have to wait, it was supposed to get to 30 below here last night, not sure the rest of the week.

So....I don't know why your dish is trying to move between those two sats - check the position setup.

Also, you mention that you didn't convert, but you did do SOMETHING that required you to do the password reset from WebSAMS.

>>Yes i tried the 4 step method for the 922, but couldnt get a rehit (this was using the method before 1/13 from tvrpro's then skyvision's site... each >>time i zeroed out my EMM and tried to get a hit.. no go. So I used the password rehit just so i wasnt in dead silence here.
Your EMM is the Comcast one, so you have changed from Moto.

>> Yes I changed from Moto simply from the password "rehit"... dont think any other really took. But now I have no TV because whatever >>happened, its not letting the little "trick" work now.
What package(s) do you have thru WebSAMS? Did you buy these before the changeover (Moto EMM)?

>>The Pick !0 thing from SRL dated to expire the 24th but asked them to keep it on autorenew, so it had a Y for auto, The programming showing had >>the H2H_ (forget the exact letters now) it is that goes with the new programming.

Perhaps you could post a quick recap of your setup, the steps you've take and when - I think we're missing or overlooking a key bit of info.
>> I programmed in the X4 before the conversion date when it was recommended on here to do it. Then waited around a while after the conversion >>date came and watched what was happening to everyone, sort of chicken to try it right away. A couple days passed then I tried it (this was prior to >>the new instructions on 1/13 though Ive tried those too, recently) Websams just wouldnt recognize anything for me .. then knew they were really >>backed up so sat around a few more days hoping it would finally work sometime. Called Skyvision they walked me through the procedure too, telling me to wait 30 minutes for a rehit... that didnt work either. So in frustration just did the rehit password thing again so i could see programming (it would let me see my subs etc) but now after yesterday I get nothing at all but shopping channels because of the balky mover. I have a dsr-922, someone posted that the serial number may be an issue but saw nothing in Skyvisions new instructions about that >>(was >>hoping that was the issue.. my serial number begins 0428126.. think it was another unit sent to me after I sent mine in for repair after some >>lightning)

The 4160 means your on the Comcast SAC. The 3435 means your running Decembers CK. Your TDT is fine for conversion. Motorola has fixed the glitches a few weeks back, I would redo the 4 Step to no brick on my site. It probably will work and then you can watch tv :).

You actuator is probably frozen. If you get signal & quality on X4 forget it for the short term since forcing it may screw it up completely. Do the conversion again, since your on 4160 already you can probably skip step 3. If that don't work do all 4 and report back. Good Luck.

"US" unidentified service means just what it says. In short it cannot find the Service ID so nada, nothing.

Ok. I'll go try it again and report back with the verdict. I hope I havent ruined my actuator, but I think my satellite guy told me it had a physical block If i remember correctly. The motor still does move, just not in the direction i want it, so dont think i burnt the motor out.even in my frustration lol

Uh oh.. just noticed X4 936 is showing me QVC... i think its supposed to be a music channel :/ This is a salesmans dream all i get are shopping channels urk.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll have to wait until later today. Although Im set for autorenew, apparently I need to go on and manually enter in my invoice number or something to pay. I have to call them to get that since I dont think they have an email address for me.

Uh oh.. just noticed X4 936 is showing me QVC... i think its supposed to be a music channel :/ This is a salesmans dream all i get are shopping channels urk.

Don't think your pointed at X4, more like C4.

Ok. I'll go try it again and report back with the verdict. I hope I havent ruined my actuator, but I think my satellite guy told me it had a physical block If i remember correctly. The motor still does move, just not in the direction i want it, so dont think i burnt the motor out.even in my frustration lol

if your dish is moving in the opposite direction than you think it is supposed to, go to options 6-4-2. line one has actuator types. if your is set to linear east but is mechanically oriented to linear west it will move opposite the intended direction and vice versa. if this is the case it would be easy to be pointed at the wrong sat. if you can physically see the dish does it look like its pointed in the right direction ?

crackt out,.

if your dish is moving in the opposite direction than you think it is supposed to, go to options 6-4-2. line one has actuator types. if your is set to linear east but is mechanically oriented to linear west it will move opposite the intended direction and vice versa. if this is the case it would be easy to be pointed at the wrong sat. if you can physically see the dish does it look like its pointed in the right direction ?

crackt out,.

the abominable snowman was apparently sitting on my dish and the motor couldnt move it. Im going to start fiddling around with the thing now that i was able to set the limits as they should be

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts