returning a leased hddvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zcarguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
i have a dtv acount in canada and was wondering about the process of returning a leased receiver. on my account i have a couple of hddvrs. should one stop functioning i would have to send it back (i know i cannot deactivate a leased box) and buy a new one and activate it. i just want to get some insight in the procedure should the issue arise. can i just box it in the original retail box drive over the border and ship it via usps or ups? shipping it from canada might look suspicious.

thanks,

Z

I would guess you don't live at your address and that is where D* will ship replacement receivers and recovery boxes. To me that means you would be charged for non return of leased receivers because they are tracked with RA#s.

yes, I could have them send a recovery box to my billing address and then some how have it forwarded to me. I would rather just box it in the original box and put the proper info on the box and ship it when i cross the border. Do you think dtv would pick up on the fact that the returned reciever was shipped from ny state as opposed to ohio where the account service address is?

I don't think they'll find out where the UPS shipment originated, but more importantly I don't think they'll care. The most important thing, though, will be to use the box/shipping label they send you since they'll have the RMA information pre-registered on the label with UPS, and will have the tracking number in their own systems.

ok,

will they email me a ups shipping label? If so can i avoid using the box they usually ship? That would make it somewhat easy.

Last edited:
anyone know if they give me a hassle or be suspicious if I ask them to ship the return kit to the billing address (if the service address is different)

and for those that are wondering i am not using the account at both addresses. my buddy lives in MA (billing address) but I "moved" the service address to cleveland so that I could pickup locals.

Thanks,

Z

i do know directv uses only fedex. i deactivated my h20 and should be getting a recovery kit soon. i was told, its generally between 3 and 5 days. i just hope the box gets to me. i'm not the easiest person to find (because of where i live) and i always ask for tracking numbers so i can leave directions.

They still work with Fedex/Kinkos & will arrange for your box to be sent to your nearest/preferred Fedex/Kinkos location. Just wait for your confirmation, then show up at the store, sign a few papers & your old box is gone.

edit: My RMA & shipping receipt was waiting for me at the store.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts