Returning E* equipment - they want LNBF?

nuzzy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
NH, USA
I cancelled E* a week ago and received the boxes to return my receivers. The directions state that I also need to return the LNBF. Is there any way around this? I don't have a ladder to get up that high. They say it's $100 if I don't return it...

Call them and tell them that you can't go up that high. I would even say that you have a broken foot or something so they will not charge you for it.

They do make exceptions.

What happened to 'Dish Mover" where they want you to leave the dish and lnb for the next person that will live there?? Or did you tell them you were staying but changing providers? If you are changing to Direct, have that installer get the lnb for you.

You do NOT have to return the LNB if it is due to a safety issue. Call DISH, tell them you can't return it because it is too high, they will make a note of it. If they charge you for it they can adjust it off. It's that easy.

i also question why they are after antenna system parts from disco's, while they leave movers' old systems intact....their logic with movers is that a new move-in may elect to start service with a dish already in place to facilitate it.....wouldn't a disco customer also possibly restart service later? or is it just out of spite because they're leaving?

they have zero business telling disconnecting customers they need to dismantle systems....if that's what they want to do, they should send out a professional....but yes, all you have to do is say it's up on the roof, and they'll waive it

What happened to 'Dish Mover" where they want you to leave the dish and lnb for the next person that will live there?? Or did you tell them you were staying but changing providers? If you are changing to Direct, have that installer get the lnb for you.

The person said they canceled their service.

If they were moving Dish would not be asking for the LNB back.

If they call the up and say that the LNB is on top of a 2 story roof that is steep they will not harrass you for the money back. (Dish doesn't want to pay out potential lawsuits)

If they really want to be difficult you could call up and say that you tried to get it off the roof, and in the process you got hurt...and are thinking about filing a lawsuit because the demanded that you give them back the LNB ($100 is more than retail).

Call Claude from Dishstore, have him send you a dead LNB, it would probably only cost you shipping. Then ship that LNB back to Dish. :D

The rule is you need to return the receiver(s), multiswitch(es), and LNB(s) when you cancel. If there's valid reasons why you can't, you simply call them and explain it. I've yet to hear from someone who was still forced to return it or got charged after explaining things.

When I cancelled a couple of years ago and the rep told me about returning the LNB, I was actually surprised, thinking they only wanted the receiver. He asked me if it was up on my roof or somewhere that I couldn't reach and if so, they'd waive it. I told him it was pole-mounted and it wouldn't be a problem. A co-worker's dish was mounted on his single-story garage roof, at the eave, so it's barely 10' up. He told them he's afraid of heights (really is) and couldn't get it. He had no trouble either.

It is silly to have a customer disconnect and remove parts, some shouldn't handle a screwdriver, let alone be in proximity of one.

Even the cable company will remove the items.

One day....

But on the other side of the fence, the switches and feedhorns do add up.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I actually do have a fear of heights, so I called and told them that and they waived the fee :)

Anyway glad you got it waived though.

My question is, what the h$ll does Dish Network do with all the returned LNBs? I sure hope they're not re-installing them.
What do you suggest they do, throw away a perfectly good piece of hardware ?? Are the LNBs on my dish new or used ?? I've no idea.... nor do I care.... They work. If they die and Dish replaces them, as long as the replacement works, I don't care if it's new or used.

I do care and I'm sure a lot of people do too. I don't want a used piece of equipment that will later fail in my setup.
Then buy the equipment from Dish vs leasing it. If you buy an LNB or receiver or switch, you choose whether you want new or refurbished. If you're leasing, you have no say...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts