Returning to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Was with D* a while back, decided to try out E*. There are many reasons why I decided to switch to D but the main reasons are YES Network, MSG HD, Scifi and FX.

I just hope I made the right call. I've gotten very used to that 622 and it is the only reason i've been hesitant.

As one of many converts over here - I assure you, I'll be fine. I have ZERO buyers remorse and the HR-21 is a pretty slick device so far. I actually prefer it!

When you see BSG in HD next Friday you'll know you made a good decision! (Assuming you're a BSG fan of course!)

For me, it was formulaic. I said months and months ago that the BSG season premiere was my hard deadline. I stuck to my guns on that.

Welcome, Darren. I see your Sept 1 then June 1 dates have moved up substantally. ;). I switched over a week ago but my reason was SpeedHD. I am coming to grips with the HR21 and have found how to do what I want with it, but can somone tell me WHY D* cannot group programming together? That is my only complaint. I have made a Custom listing for MY channels but I think the guide, while it works, is just a mess to go through.

Was with D* a while back, decided to try out E*. There are many reasons why I decided to switch to D but the main reasons are YES Network, MSG HD, Scifi and FX.

I just hope I made the right call. I've gotten very used to that 622 and it is the only reason i've been hesitant.

Your gonna hate the HR21 for awhile. But after you've drinked yourself into a stupor for several nites in a row, you'll bottom out and finally come to accept the HR21.

Bwahahahahahaha. :p

But, seriously, it's a very functional unit and you two will get along fine.

I punch in the channel numbers on the remote. Only problem is I punch in Dish channel numbers. I still have to get use to the channel numbers when I am not using the guide.

Y'all need to get a media universal remote where favorites are listed in an LCD screen. I have the Home Theater Master MX700 that has 50 favorites and the Harmony 880 with 16.

Too little, too late for this convert. I'm glad to see them on track though - I was worried! E* has a lot of catching up to do but they'll get there. It's a game of leapfrog and always will be.

Welcome back! I'd be happy to assist with any questions once you are up and running. I think you'll be happy with the HR2*. I personally think most people who talk about how bad it supposedly is have never even used it.

Welcome back! I'd be happy to assist with any questions once you are up and running. I think you'll be happy with the HR2*. I personally think most people who talk about how bad it supposedly is have never even used it.
I agree about the HR21. I have already found something the remote will do that my 622remote would not. Control the volume on my Yamaha receiver. My Wife is very happy about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts