Returning to Direct after 4 years

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sweetbronxyankee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Hello I am Returning to Direct Tv after 4 years and wanted to know what kind of interactive applications they have and do they have any type of showtime interactive app? I get my dvr system hooked up this friday:) . p.S: I went to dish network for 4 years I don't recommend it:mad: .

Hello I am Returning to Direct Tv after 4 years and wanted to know what kind of interactive applications they have and do they have any type of showtime interactive app? I get my dvr system hooked up this friday:) . p.S: I went to dish network for 4 years I don't recommend it:mad: .
You may have jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Directv has hired quite a few senior DISH employees and become much more like DISH Notwerk than the old D*. If you are going to the R15 you probably will find it dissappointing compared to a 625. An HR20 compared to a 622 is an unknown both work but with some problems. D* is definitely holding a carrot on a stick infront of a donkey for HDTV promises. Good Luck but be prepared to be dissappointed with the service you remember.:)

If you are going to the R15 you probably will find it dissappointing compared to a 625.

You've got that right. After being a DISH customer for the past four years (only came to D* for EI), I REALLY miss my 625. The R15 is a HUGE disappointment.:mad:

I was with E* for over 4 years.Got tired of waking up and finding channels gone.:mad: .Came over to D* for better programming options.:) .Just got the R15 a week ago so far like it very much,never had a E* DVR or TIVO so would guess it's a good thing.I am paying a little more with D* but to me it is totally worth it for
the peace of mind and to receive channels that I know E* will never have.;)

My Dish contract is over mid May. And I'm seriously considering making the jump. In my case I'm being lead because of price. I've called Verizon and asked about the Triple Play promo. To get what I now have at Dish, I'd be paying $24 more for phone, DSL & TV than what I'm paying for just TV with Dish. After the first year,... it'll jump to $34 more than what I'm paying now. Can't beat that. I'd be coming from a 942 to a HR20, and sometime back, ended my HD programing from Dish after they wanted to charge me $200 for the upgrade to the 622 only just under two months after paying $250 to getting the 942. Without the 622, I'm missing half the HD channels,... so I just 86'ed the entire package. I also have the 525 and the 625 in the other rooms, so I'm sad to hear the R15 comparisons to the two Dish DVRs. True, Dish has an edge on HD programming,... but I've only esperienced half of what Dish has to offer because the 942 doesn't do MPEG4, so my reference is not so demanding. But I understand that's gonna change in the very near future, and Voom ain't all that either. Aside from RAVE (Jazz), I rarely watched it. I would like someone to explain the RSNs to me though. Some say, you get one and you get'em all. Some say not. Still kinda confused on that. Dish would let you package all of them for another $5. Also, a part of their current promotion offers protection from early terminiation penalties if you switch to FIOS when it becomes available,... but I think that's a Verizon thing, not something from DirecTV. According to Verizon, all those packaged under the Triple Play promo can switch the TV portion from DirecTV to FIOS TV without getting slammed with a ETF.

I was with E* for over 4 years.Got tired of waking up and finding channels gone.:mad: .Came over to D* for better programming options.:) .Just got the R15 a week ago so far like it very much,never had a E* DVR or TIVO so would guess it's a good thing.I am paying a little more with D* but to me it is totally worth it for
the peace of mind and to receive channels that I know E* will never have.;)

It's like your reading my mind:D

You may have jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Directv has hired quite a few senior DISH employees and become much more like DISH Notwerk than the old D*. If you are going to the R15 you probably will find it dissappointing compared to a 625. An HR20 compared to a 622 is an unknown both work but with some problems. D* is definitely holding a carrot on a stick infront of a donkey for HDTV promises. Good Luck but be prepared to be dissappointed with the service you remember.:)

I have heard go things and bad things so I will just have play it by ear. Each company has it 's own problems but E* seems to be adding a problem a day, with channels being cut off because of price disputes and know now mlb package gone, yet they still did a price hike... yes I know direct tv may be a little more expensive but thats fine for the channels I will get.:)

I have heard go things and bad things so I will just have play it by ear. Each company has it 's own problems but E* seems to be adding a problem a day, with channels being cut off because of price disputes and know now mlb package gone, yet they still did a price hike... yes I know direct tv may be a little more expensive but thats fine for the channels I will get.:)

That's strange,... I'm finding with the Verizon (landline phone, highspeed DSL & DirecTV) package, my TV portion is much cheaper than Dish. Like I said before, I'm paying only a few more bucks for all three than I was paying for just Dish. And the only think I'm really giving up are the premium channels (HBO and the like) and a DVR for the basement family area. However, they replaced the "OR" with an "AND" when it came to upgrading the receivers. Getting both HD DVR for 199 after rebate & the SD DVR for free after rebate. The third receiver is going to be just the plain vanilla freeby model,... what ever that is.

That's strange,... I'm finding with the Verizon (landline phone, highspeed DSL & DirecTV) package, my TV portion is much cheaper than Dish. Like I said before, I'm paying only a few more bucks for all three than I was paying for just Dish. And the only think I'm really giving up are the premium channels (HBO and the like) and a DVR for the basement family area. However, they replaced the "OR" with an "AND" when it came to upgrading the receivers. Getting both HD DVR for 199 after rebate & the SD DVR for free after rebate. The third receiver is going to be just the plain vanilla freeby model,... what ever that is.

Like I said everyone seems to have a different opinion about direct tv.:)

Like I said everyone seems to have a different opinion about direct tv.:)

Yeah,... I guess you're right. I just hope I'll be happy with my switch from Dish to DirecTV. Like many in here have said,... "It's not always greener on the other side"

Yeah,... I guess you're right. I just hope I'll be happy with my switch from Dish to DirecTV. Like many in here have said,... "It's not always greener on the other side"

You will find alot of them that say that are E* stockholders.:rolleyes:

Once D* gets their new HD up.All you will miss is PI channels&shopping networks.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)