Returning to Directv...whats the deal with my Weather Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem372

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I am back with Directv after making the mistake of trying Uverse. I just hooked up my Directv/Tivo Series 2 receiver (Samsung) in my family room, and turned on The Weather Channel, excited to see the new Local on the 8's. But I never see them. I don't even see the "national" version. I just see the show that is on, and then it flips to commercial breaks.

So, whats the deal? Does the Local on the 8's not work with the DirecTivo boxes? Or am I just watching a show that doesn't have the local on the 8's with it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Its the same as before with the exception of a rather blah atempt at adding a very basic receiver based flash memory version of what you would find on a computer. The app leaves alot to be desired and so far I think its a waste of time and money as it doesnt show you a radar map for your area but rather a larger region of about 5 - 10 states and a non looping radar image.

So, whats the deal? Does the Local on the 8's not work with the DirecTivo boxes? Or am I just watching a show that doesn't have the local on the 8's with it?

No, it doesn't work with the DirecTivo boxes, just the newer DirecTV branded boxes (the ones that use the white remote control with the ACTIVE button in it). There's a video of Locals on the 8's you can view in post http://www.satelliteguys.us/1530401-post117.html

thanks for the replies, and the video. It looks ok. Gives the forecast, which is all I really need. I guess I will have it on my tv's without the Tivo, and maybe once the HD Tivo is out it will work with that.

Thanks again...

Just a humorous response but dude are you actually excited to see weather on the 8s lol just kidding couldnt resist.

Just a humorous response but dude are you actually excited to see weather on the 8s lol just kidding couldnt resist.

I was thinking the same thing, but it's actually inspired me to tune into my local on the 8's to check it out. And it just came on and no locals for me!!!! I'm on the SD version! What's up? LOL

yeah, I know...it makes me sound old. But, yeah, I miss my local on the 8's. I guess I am getting old. :)

I was thinking the same thing, but it's actually inspired me to tune into my local on the 8's to check it out. And it just came on and no locals for me!!!! I'm on the SD version! What's up? LOL

you need to tune in a few minutes BEFORE weather on the 8... so the data has time to load to your respective zip codes

I don't even know what channel Weather Channel is on. I don't even pay attention to weather on the local news. When I walk outside, I know the weather. :)

But the OP said he wasn't even seeing the National weather on the 8's. That probably means he was indeed watching at a time of a program that wasn't being interrupted on the 8s. He should see the national 8s even on a TiVo.

I think it is a pretty good feature they have added and look forward to getting it on the HD channel as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)