HD DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
I want to get a HD DVR. I already have HD service and I was wondering what is the going rate to upgrade to an HD DVR. I want one so bad lol.

by the way I currently have an Directv H-20

You have to haggle with them for a good deal on a HD DVR. I've heard some people that got one free and others pay full price. I had to pay $100 for my HR 20 when I got it and the going rate was $300 I think. Just call and see what kind of deals you can get and try to put up a fight to see if they'll help you out or not. Also try Best Buy or (and i hate to help them get business) Wal-Mart. The WM here sells Directv boxes. Good Luck.

Just call and ask. I called last week and was offerred one for $99 and included free installation. I called again yesterday to give the go ahead and was i got it for free also with free installation. I only got charged the shipping and handling charge of less than $20.

Just call and ask. I called last week and was offerred one for $99 and included free installation. I called again yesterday to give the go ahead and was i got it for free also with free installation. I only got charged the shipping and handling charge of less than $20.

How long you been with Directv? I just called and they only offered me the normal price of $199.

I would suggest sending an email to D* first. Basically, mention that you would like to upgrade to the HD DVR and are looking for their best deal. I've sent an email to D* about four different times over the past three years (for various requests) and each time, they've replied asking me to call them. They include a reference number so that when I call them, the CSR can pull up the email correspondence and offer me an exceptional deal each time.

dolfan-marty, thanks again. I emailed and they offered $199 again so I pointed out how long I have been with them, etc. and they responded back with an offer of $99 which I accepted. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Don't forget that you will have to extend your contract for an aditional 2 years no matter what price you'll pay for the DVR.

Could we please have a sticky at the top of the forum explaining that most people here don't know what deals you can get since it depends on what CSR you talk to. :)
All you are going to get are what deals others have gotten.

Don't forget that you will have to extend your contract for an aditional 2 years no matter what price you'll pay for the DVR.

Yes I understand that, the CSR mentioned it and I have no problem with it. I have no plans to go anywhere else as I am a big sports fan. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)