Status
Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
I want to get a HD DVR. I already have HD service and I was wondering what is the going rate to upgrade to an HD DVR. I want one so bad lol.

by the way I currently have an Directv H-20

You have to haggle with them for a good deal on a HD DVR. I've heard some people that got one free and others pay full price. I had to pay $100 for my HR 20 when I got it and the going rate was $300 I think. Just call and see what kind of deals you can get and try to put up a fight to see if they'll help you out or not. Also try Best Buy or (and i hate to help them get business) Wal-Mart. The WM here sells Directv boxes. Good Luck.

Just call and ask. I called last week and was offerred one for $99 and included free installation. I called again yesterday to give the go ahead and was i got it for free also with free installation. I only got charged the shipping and handling charge of less than $20.

Just call and ask. I called last week and was offerred one for $99 and included free installation. I called again yesterday to give the go ahead and was i got it for free also with free installation. I only got charged the shipping and handling charge of less than $20.

How long you been with Directv? I just called and they only offered me the normal price of $199.

I would suggest sending an email to D* first. Basically, mention that you would like to upgrade to the HD DVR and are looking for their best deal. I've sent an email to D* about four different times over the past three years (for various requests) and each time, they've replied asking me to call them. They include a reference number so that when I call them, the CSR can pull up the email correspondence and offer me an exceptional deal each time.

dolfan-marty, thanks again. I emailed and they offered $199 again so I pointed out how long I have been with them, etc. and they responded back with an offer of $99 which I accepted. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Don't forget that you will have to extend your contract for an aditional 2 years no matter what price you'll pay for the DVR.

Could we please have a sticky at the top of the forum explaining that most people here don't know what deals you can get since it depends on what CSR you talk to. :)
All you are going to get are what deals others have gotten.

Don't forget that you will have to extend your contract for an aditional 2 years no matter what price you'll pay for the DVR.

Yes I understand that, the CSR mentioned it and I have no problem with it. I have no plans to go anywhere else as I am a big sports fan. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)