Returning to Fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadyone

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi everyone, After 6 years I'm returning to fta and the forum . During this time I built a new house and did not have much free time. When I left, the 123 channels had just gone dark and things seemed bleak. I never lost interest in fta , but I started to focus on Ota antennas and installed a dozen or so Ota systems for mostly older folks in my area during the div transition in 2009. I continued to collect dishes when I found them and I still have my coolsat 8000hd receiver I used mostly for the PBS hd channels. I have one 30 inch motorized setup and several superdishs which I want to reinstall. I also have a 1.2 m primestar dish that I aim thinking of trying c band on. My dream now that I live in the country on plenty of land, would be a dish farm with fixed dishes for all the positions. If I could ever live long enough to find the time. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone and that I am glad to be back

Reactions: fargo.hendryx
Welcome back to the hobby and SatelliteGuys!
All that room in the country, time to start looking for a 10 foot dish. :)
No need to try and get C-Band on a 1.2 and be limited, when you can have a nice size dish. Look around and you'll probably find one for free in someones yard. ;)

Glad to have you back! New/returning/extra ideas, opinions/project ideas and help always good to have here! FTA is still fun and exciting!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts