Review: AT&T U-VERSE

I currently have just Uverse Internet. You however, can't just order Uverse Internet by itself up until about a month ago. You have to order TV and Internet togeather. The installer comes out and does his thing then you cancel the TV within 30 days and keep the Internet. The Internet is great. I just in fact received my return box for my reciever yesterday and will send just the reciver back to at&t tonight.

When you call and cancel just TV it helps to speak with a supervisor. General reps don't seem to understand the process or what to do. I had to call 3 times and on the 3rd call speak with supervisor to make it all happen. All at&t wants you to do is try their service with the 30 day money back gaurntee. Who knows, you might even like it better then DISH. I liked it but, decided to keep DirecTV for the time being. I wouldn't have any problems going back to at&t Uverse for TV though in the future. Just right now, I want DirecTV.

I currently have just Uverse Internet. You however, can't just order Uverse Internet by itself up until about a month ago. You have to order TV and Internet togeather. The installer comes out and does his thing then you cancel the TV within 30 days and keep the Internet. The Internet is great. I just in fact received my return box for my reciever yesterday and will send just the reciver back to at&t tonight.

When you call and cancel just TV it helps to speak with a supervisor. General reps don't seem to understand the process or what to do. I had to call 3 times and on the 3rd call speak with supervisor to make it all happen. All at&t wants you to do is try their service with the 30 day money back gaurntee. Who knows, you might even like it better then DISH. I liked it but, decided to keep DirecTV for the time being. I wouldn't have any problems going back to at&t Uverse for TV though in the future. Just right now, I want DirecTV.

Thanks for the info. Seems like a huge pain. I really would like them to just install the internet and not even screw with all the cabling / installing for the TVs. I'm going to try the build number a little later on today and see what happens. Thanks again!

I was able to get U-Verse Internet and Phone without the TV. Call 800-288-2020 and ask them to build it for you. I couldn't get the pages to do it.

Okay it worked! Thanks a lot! So I had to talk to a Supervisor and explain the situation, but they fixed me right up. So I will just be getting Uverse Internet. Apperantly they don't normally offer just the internet, but if you have special circumstance they will do it. Like in my case where they couldn't fix my stinking DSL! I'm pumped, I will have smokin fast Internet and get to keep my Dish Network!

Good deal ALB. Uverse rocks!

I pay for the Ellite package which has 6mbps down. I get around 9.5mbps though at my house being only about 200 yards from the VRAD. My upload is caped though at 1mbps up. I tested on speedtest.net. Why pay more for 10mpbs when I already get close to it with what I have? Thank you at&t. :up

Last edited:
Good deal ALB. Uverse rocks!

I pay for the Ellite package which has 6mbps down. I get around 9.5mbps though at my house being only about 200 yards from the VRAD. My upload is caped though at 512 kbps up. I tested on speedtest.net. Why pay more for 10mpbs when I already get close to it with what I have? Thank you at&t. :up

Yeh that's what I signed up for too. That's awesome to hear you are getting that much better than advertised. I'm not sure how far away the VRAD is, but it doesn't really matter, it will blow my flakey DSL out of the water I'm sure regardless of distance to VRAD.

Thanks again guys! Can't wait to have internet again, I've been in the stone age for close to a month now.

VRAD's are typically tan in color and have power meter next to them.

On the productyou posted, I only see 8 ports. What port does the patch cable run to, from the RG, on this switch? Also wouldn't it be better to go with a router with built in switch?

I guess maybe I don't fully understand the difference between a switch and a router.

These are Vrads.. sorry for the sideways pics
see attachments

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 490
question, does Uverse default to the HD channel if available like Dish? Or are there 2 separate channels for HBO SD and HBO HD?

I am thinking of switching to Uverse from E* but am slightly confused I live in Fontana, CA and does anyoneknow if there are 2 HD streams or one, CS chat said there is only 1 hense I could record 1 HD and 3 SD. Assitance needed before I pull the trigger

I am thinking of switching to Uverse from E* but am slightly confused I live in Fontana, CA and does anyoneknow if there are 2 HD streams or one, CS chat said there is only 1 hense I could record 1 HD and 3 SD. Assitance needed before I pull the trigger

Call AT&T to confirm. They are rolling the 2 HD streams out to different markets at different times. They just rolled it out to Dallas, so I pulled the trigger, Plaxico Burress style. :D

next question, I found a very good comparison chart for Uverse, Dish, and Diect HD content. Problem is, its from Wisconsin and I live in Missouri. Would the HD content in Wisconsin be the same as in Missouri less of course locals and sports/FSN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts