Review for 5020UB and Gregg at LionAV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
First and foremost, a huge thank you once again to Gregg at LionAV for helping me!

http://www.lionav.com/

I started researching projectors a while back and when I finally knew what I wanted, I reached out to Gregg as he has helped me in the past by calibrating my Hitachi 51" CRT. Both his expertise and understanding of his customer needs makes Gregg an incredible asset when venturing into building your home theater. I informed Gregg about what I was purchasing and without hesitation he sent me a list of pros/cons and additional options. It was within his advice I realzied I wasn't making the best decsion for what I was hoping to get. Soon enough, through Gregg's support, I decided to purchase the Epson 5020UB. Best of all I was able to save some money as Gregg is an authorized dealer for Epson. Consequently, he is familiar with their projectors and ran checks on it before sending it to me.

The 5020UB is ceiling mounted and is hooked up to my DirectTV and PS3 via Redmere HDMI cables and a 2x1 Monoprice HDMI switch. The projector is being projected onto an EliteScreens 100" screen about 20' across the room. A great feature, which I was completely unaware of until speaking with Gregg, was the auto lens shift. It literally too me 2 minutes from turning on the projector to watching a movie as centering the image was a snap with auto lens shift.

Before Gregg's calibration service, the projector was running in THX mode and had a great picture right out of the box. My only minor complain was that blacks bled into one anaother especially if a character in black is in a dark area. Additionally, skin colors were not as vibrant. However, with that being said, still an icnredible image. After Gregg's calibration, the image is movie-like quality and I could not be happier.

I have attached some pictures of my setup; enjoy and feel free to ask any questions.

20130916_060334.jpg

20130921_143951.jpg

20130921_124316.jpg

Image.jpg

20131130_171207.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts