REVIEW: Norsat 3220 PLL C-Band LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
3220.jpgGot a Norsat 3220 and is twice the price as the Norsat 8115, and is smaller and is tem rated at 20 deg instead of the 17 deg of the 8115 but is much better than the 8115

I asked about on forums and was told that there was no difference WRONG

the best benchmark test are the weak Univision feeds that light up midday on W1
on the 8115 I got a lot of break ups with the 3220 I got NO break ups might be the PLL.

Great LNB maybe the best one available

Reactions: MikeI
I've been wondering if they were worth the investment. The 8115s work good for me, but I always wondered if there was a lot of room for improvement.

Last time I looked, the 8115's were about $50 each.
No, not retail: eBay.
So, what are we talkin?

Somehow I don't think I can afford two per ortho. - ;)

They are like $200 new.

Last time I looked, the 8115's were about $50 each.
No, not retail: eBay.
So, what are we talkin?

Somehow I don't think I can afford two per ortho. - ;)

They are $90 brand new now (8115), because I just bought 2 of them, and after searching for a while, that was by far the lowest price. The company I bought them from shipped them, and I had them in 3 days.

Well my source for Norsats has them for $180 also the 3120 which has a little better stability is the same price

Magic Static said:
Well my source for Norsats has them for $180 also the 3120 which has a little better stability is the same price

Place in TN?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Magic Static said:

Place in TN?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Forgot to say that the 8115 is made in Korea and the 3220 is made in Japan, that could better.
Mine was $220 new on ebay

thanks for the new resource. Another place other than one I've been dealing with in Kansas to comparison shop before purchasing more new norsat LNBs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)