Review Of Sky Angel Iptv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cata,

My remote control stoppeed working as well. After some trouble shooting it was determined that it was the IPTV box and not the remote. You will need to call Sky Angel, they shipped me a new IPTV box and a new remote. Problem fixed. If you have any questions you can contact me by e-mail

tsrk30@sbcglobal.net

You guys keep saying that S/A did not honor, or left the LL members out in the cold. What is it that you feel that you didn't get that was promised to you? Read your agreement: FOR THE LIFE OF THE SATALITE, OR THE LIFE OF THE CUSTOMER...PERIOD!!! I know you are all frustrated, but be upset for the right reasons, not the wrong. It is unfortunate that the satalite is gone, but if you look at what you paid, and what you recieved, it was basically FREE programming! No one that had a LL got a bad deal. The average customer paid $399.00 and had the service for at least 6 years! If someone would have offered me my cellphone service for 6 years at $399.00 I would have jumped on it! Basically, a small group of people got great programming (exactly what was promised to them, no more, no less) and in return, S/A can now reach people that they otherwize couldn't with a satalite. They can now go into apartments where elderly poeple couldn't have a dish on their building. They can now go into nursing homes, hospitals, etc: So remember the true meaning of S/A, and quit being so greedy. You all got EXACTLY what was promised! I am a LL member and I am greatful for the service. The rest of you are in it for something FREE!

once again, I will repeat as it doesn't seem to be sinking in with you greedy, greedy people. NOBODY GOT A BAD DEAL!!! If you were in it to save a few bucks, rather then help a company spread the word globaly ( which cannot be done with Satalite by the way)then you should not have it any way! Basically what your saying is "it's great programming, but not worth having to pay $14.99 for". Which by the way, that package now has 50 channels, plus the "Timeshift" feature, and the price is still $14.99. If you step back and think S/A did it for the money, then here is something to chew on: S/A had around 60,000 paying customers. 60,000 times $14.00...do the math. As of April 1st, they gave all that monthly income up, to start up the IPTV service (which by the way, is doing VERY WELL). If it was "about the money" (as you all seem so concerened about) they would have found a way to continue on satalite, and keep that money rolling in! I speak with the reps there quite a bit, and they all agree: at least 10 LL customers call a day. Yes they are a bit upset, but 9 of them end up ordering IPTV, because they believe in the cause. Maybe you should step back and look at Dish or Direct. I think they have the secular programming you are looking for. I will pray for all of you.

So is there more of a delay when switching channels? Back in the day when I started using satellite, that drove me nuts with the slight delay over cable but now it's no big deal. From what I understand the delay is longer however.

So is there more of a delay when switching channels? Back in the day when I started using satellite, that drove me nuts with the slight delay over cable but now it's no big deal. From what I understand the delay is longer however.

I don't see alot of difference between IPTV and satellite. I have a 6 mbps connection but maybe slower speeds increase the delay?

JeffH

It's really no longer than it took way back when there were no remotes and you had to get up off your butt and walk to the TV to change the channel and the volume!!:D

buffering

Hello its good to find this site and maybe get some answers. When Skyangel switched over to iptv I thought I invested enough time so I wouldn't have buffering problems, however, I still do. I have a local provider that uses radio for internet. I rented their 5.8 mhz reciever at an extra cost and went to 3.2 Mbs. I thought that this would be more than fast enough to handle the recommended 1.5Mbs for Skyangel. But I still get buffering and all channels are not the same, some take more than others. I also notice that it will take all the speed you can throw at it and still buffer. So what's the deal? Has anyone gone to cable ie. roadrunner?

Sounds like you are using wireless internet (a WISP). You can have a really fast speed tier but the latency is what is going to make the buffering an issue. I had a 10/1 connection on a wireless internet connection. It worked great most of the time but for voip it really did tend to cut out during peak usage. The amount of using who are using your tower also contribute to the latency. I have a 3meg dsl connection now and I have never had any issues. I can watch sky angel, stream hulu and watch netflix online movies at the same time without many issues.

Hello its good to find this site and maybe get some answers. When Skyangel switched over to iptv I thought I invested enough time so I wouldn't have buffering problems, however, I still do. I have a local provider that uses radio for internet. I rented their 5.8 mhz reciever at an extra cost and went to 3.2 Mbs. I thought that this would be more than fast enough to handle the recommended 1.5Mbs for Skyangel. But I still get buffering and all channels are not the same, some take more than others. I also notice that it will take all the speed you can throw at it and still buffer. So what's the deal? Has anyone gone to cable ie. roadrunner?

I would like someones opinion on the childrens programs on sky angel my kids are 3, 5, 7, 8, and 13
thanks

It all depends on what your standards are, If you are into the modern day so called Christian music, then no issues, if you are not then you will have to be careful about what they watch. Then there are the same issues on channels such as Qubo as with all tv programs, some are good, some are not at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)