Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Sathawk is working pretty good again. It has a few good features I do like. I like the PG+ and PG- buttons for switching between sats. With my combo C/KU lnb on the six footer and the Gbox it does pretty good. Actually the Sathawk is more sensitive than my Fortec Dynamic. I always had trouble with some channels on 121W that were weak. They come in pretty good now. I do enjoy the HD stuff. PBS HD is really sharp compared to the local PBS with it's one HD and at least 3 subs.If we can get a few much needed firmware upgrades it will be pretty decent after all. Blind

Yeah, Wish I had some cash! I find the six footer doesn't cut it on some S2 stuff, the 8.5 Paraclipse would take too much to get it to move...maybe by fall. Hopefully they are fixing al the bugs in the Sathawk at once so there will be only one update...hope so...Blind

There's a tricks, that I found to get rid Backhaul's HD feed frame rates stutter problems!:D

Just the hit menu's button, then again hit menu's button to get back your HD video and should be nice and smooth HD's video frame rate.:)

I will try to post more reports, on Sat Hawk's receiver issue and what's needed to be improved on.

Now, back to TV DXing!!!:hungry:

N5XZS, are you saying that this trick will allow smooth high bitrate feeds? Have you tried recording such a feed after the trick? If this works, it sounds like an easy fix firmware issue.

Did the newest updates fix the dish movement when the channels are horizontal, The use of a switch and a motor at the same time, and the AC3 audio not coming out of the RCA jacks?

Running a 7.5 foot dish with a c/ku feed, no HDTV (yet). Would love to have this receiver on my system but I need all that stuff to work.

If so this long time happy Sadoun customer will have to give it a try.

Last edited:
Thanks, for the updates.
Once the other 2 are fixed I will be able to use it. Looks like its a great unit that has lots of potential.

Will be keeping any eye on it.

FYI on the high bit rate feed I tried pushing the menu button twice...it fixed the stutter! I know someone else had posted this already...but it does work. Blind

wasnt My Network HD another one like that? (high bitrate stutter)
My big dish isnt at 99W anymore to check

Ok! After reading many threads here i kinda know what not to expect to work when i get this receiver.A few questions here from a real novice
(1)-What kind of reliable broadcasts will i be able to get?Im a big RTV fan and really hoping that AMC9 will workout well.34" disk with clear path from SE to SW.
(2)-Will be hooking up to my new samsung 40" 1080p LCD HDTV via hdmi cable!will audio be a problem?
(3)-Should i do firmware update as soon as i get it not knowing if its the latest and greatest?Where can i check to see if it is the newest?
(4)-Will i get some HD programming?
Thats it for now!dont really know anything about blind scan and a few other topics that are featured here but will learn in time.As a beginner do you think ill be happy with what this receiver can do with the questions i have asked.In time if i get the satellite fever and want more i might upgrade to a more expensive receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts