Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Where do you get the Firmware from?
Contact the person or company that you bought your receiver from. Tell them you want to buy the ac3 audio upgrade. If they won,t help you, then follow the link in this thread. The information that you will need to provide about your receiver has already been posted in this thread.

The new remote looks to be a great improvement if for no reason other than that they put the color buttons near the arrow buttons! Editing the channel list is annoying with the old remote, unless you have giant hands.
Jim, the original remote for this receiver has never felt good in my hand and at times, it has been a bit painful. I am looking forward to getting an updated model. GregH

Oh what a topic ! It takes some days to read all about.
I'm maybe interested to buy 1 Solomend receiver (with the best new remote of course) since I have only 1 stationary Ku-Band Dish. But I am not sure that receivers on sale on the Internet have the new remote, can you help me please, or send me a pm if you prefer. Thanks a lot! :)

The version will be released today,named NM_HDS2_xxxxx_America_motor_demo.rar, and the ac3 is free now for everyone.
Awesome! Please post a file link here so we can get at it.

I will be ordering one from Sadoun if it is indeed working well when he stocks those receivers again or unless someone wants to sell theirs.

More proof that this is really happening!This is from sadouns Forum>>
icon14.gif
Re: Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

exciting news:

yes, now Sadoun`s PVR800 HD receiver has newest firmware:
new firmware add new function:

1.add support all STB work AC3 dobly digital audio format.
now AC3 can direct from HDMI out sound!!!

2.add moter and DiSEqC the same time to work.
someone was very desired to get the function.

3.add SatHawk brand logo to boot

4.add ur brand information the OSD

5.preset all Amercia satellites in the firmware.
smile.gif

pls ask sadoun to upgrade the newest firmware !!!

Does somebody want to try this file? This is supposed to be the motor switch and ac3 audio fix file. It will be a couple of hours before I can look at it. GregH

Attachments

• HDS2_SatHawk_Motor.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
Does somebody want to try this file? This is supposed to be the motor switch and ac3 audio fix file. It will be a couple of hours before I can look at it. GregH

So far it works. AC3 through the HDMI port and have tested the USALS motor mode with DisEqc 1.0 switch control; it works! Haven't tested other motor modes yet. Motor control is per satellite; integrates nicely for C band and Ku band dishes.

Motor controls can be stored independently for each satellite. It is possible to have some satellites assigned to a fixed dish and the motor will not move when they are called.
It looks like it is also possible to mix USALS controls with Diseqc 1.2 controls. This would allow the use of a V or Gbox along with a ku hh motor. This looks good and I hope it works!!!
The SatHawk splash screen has advertisements that clutter the screen and this can be a big distraction when trying to use some of the normal edit features.
Overall, this firmware seems to be a big improvement.

These receivers are for sale on Ebay if you don't want to wait on Sadoun tp get stock.. GregH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)