Rewind/fast forward

blatimer1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Mississippi
I noticed Rewind and Fast Forward are no longer available on music channels. Did Dish intend to make it this way or is it just a software glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is irrelevant. But, I am curious. Since you can not control what is being played what is the purpose of rewinding or fast forwarding a song? If my memory is correct you couldn't ff a track since it was live tv. I believe you could rewind a bit to rehear the song you liked.
I think Hopper3 temporarily records (up to 60 minutes?) when you keep the channel on.
Hopefully, Hipkat or Boston will add their opinions on this soon.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This is irrelevant. But, I am curious. Since you can not control what is being played what is the purpose of rewinding or fast forwarding a song? If my memory is correct you couldn't ff a track since it was live tv. I believe you could rewind a bit to rehear the song you liked.
I think Hopper3 temporarily records (up to 60 minutes?) when you keep the channel on.
Hopefully, Hipkat or Boston will add their opinions on this soon.
I dont use the music channels enough to tell you. But I did have a customer a few days ago complaining because he said he used to be able to record music channels and no longer can, same as op.

I actually use trick play all the time on both SXM & the other music channels; just did it today & it still worked fine on my HWS.
what is the purpose of rewinding or fast forwarding a song?
This is how I use it...I do most of my listening when I send it out to my backyard/pool area. Before I get ready to go outside, I put on one of the music channels & put it on pause mode, so it can buffer up to an hour. When I get outside I take it off pause & play as usual. If the station plays a song that just really annoys me, I can simply hit skip forward a few times & go right to the next song; with up to an hour of buffer, I can usually avoid having to listen to those annoying songs for most, if not all the of time I'm outside & still have plenty of time left on the buffer when I come in.

Can someone fix the title, triggeting my mild OCD.

Josh.
Why did Dish do away with the 4X fast forward and use a 15X instead?

From my perspective the 15X is too fast to accurately see where you are in a recording and too slow to FFW to an estimated spot in a recording, use 300X for that.
There are ongoing discussions around this - I can't really provide any relevant details unfortunately.

Turns out this was an intentional change - I believe skip back/forward still work just not fast forward/rewind.
K, well this stupid change got rolled down to the HWS's couple days ago... :mad:
But I CAN still pause (buffer) it for a hour, then still skip over undesired songs via skip buttons.

So Josh...what WAS the point of doing this? Did this (most likely) come from a request by SXM?

K, well this stupid change got rolled down to the HWS's couple days ago... :mad:
But I CAN still pause (buffer) it for a hour, then still skip over undesired songs via skip buttons.

So Josh...what WAS the point of doing this? Did this (most likely) come from a request by SXM?
Was this change only on the Hoppers? For the VIP211k, I can go forward and backward, fast forward and rewind.