Rewinding Live TV on the new HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejdowden

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Sorry I posted this thread to the wrong area, should have put it in the DVR ares.

Currently on my HR10 unit, I have a 30 minute buffer on each tuner. Which means I can watch live TV on both Tuners. Lets say I am watching 2 football games one on each tuner. I can watch tuner A and when a commercial comes I can switch to tuner B. I can rewind up to 30 minutes on Tuner B to see what I've missed on that game. Then when i go back to tuner A I can rewind up to 30 mins if I missed something.

Finally, here is my question. I keep reading that on the new HR20 you can rewind up to 90 minutes? I'm not sure what this means.

1. Is this 90 minutes using a single tuner, 90 mins on each tuner, or 45 mins on each tuner?

2. does the HR20 support the feature I describe above watching 2 programs at the same time. I would think it does since you can record 2 show at the same time.

Last edited:
The HR20 has 2 tuners. Unfortuneately only one of them has the live buffer. It is 90 minutes, but you will not be able to flip back and forth like you're used to doing on your HR10.

hahler2 said:
The HR20 has 2 tuners. Unfortuneately only one of them has the live buffer. It is 90 minutes, but you will not be able to flip back and forth like you're used to doing on your HR10.

Well that's disappointing. I will miss that feature. Wonder if they will turn it on in the future?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts