RF Modulator Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I just had one of my SD Directv receivers upgraded to an HD box. Had previously had a video out line going from the back of the SD box to a second tv which wasn't HD (naturally could only watch the same ch)
The installer said I could still do the same by using an Rd Modulator but if I try that will I run into resolutions problems, meaning sending an HD signal to a non HD TV?
Thanks, anyone done this?

A RF modulator uses the S-video or yellow RCA output for video. Both of these are 480i independently of your DVR resolution settings, so HD will be downrezzed to SD.

However, whatever aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3) you have the DVR set to will appear on all outputs, which may be a problem for you.

that's what I was thinking also, before I spend $20 on the modulator I was hoping to know - I may just connect that SD tv to my OTA line

I run my HR22 to a JVC 20" just for the hell of it using one of the d* RF mods, and yea, it looks kinda wierd unless I set it to 4:3, which i obviously hate doing due to the fact its also connected to a 55" samsung LED, but the 480i looks fine on the JVC, I keep native on my box as well. If I'm watching USAHD the quality is fine on the JVC just distorted because the tv is 4:3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts