RF modulator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
Can anyone recommend a good RF modulator? It can take the output from several dish receivers, modulate them into several VHF/UHF channels, and feed into the cable home run to the entire house.

You will need a seperate modulator for each receiver with the ability to tune to an unused channel within your system.
Anything other than channel 3/4 gets pretty expensive.

rjad said:
Can anyone recommend a good RF modulator? It can take the output from several dish receivers, modulate them into several VHF/UHF channels, and feed into the cable home run to the entire house.

I've got a couple that I got from Radio Shack. I think they were under $30 each. You can use composite cables in and RG-6 output to standard off air or cable frequencies.

ASKA makes one that suppports 3 Channels called the RDFM-3. I bought mine for about $80 and it works great.

drjake, thanks for the information. I couldn't find RDFM-3, I did see RFDM-3 from google search. The specs says a mono audio output, is it true?

I know you mentioned, but I just want to make sure: the three input will get modulated into three channels, unlike some cheap ones where, though you have three inputs, you can only select one input at a least by using the selectors.
Thanks!

I also saw those "Channel Vision" mutiple input RF modulators: C-0303, C-0304. They are pretty expensive, anybody tried them?

You are right, it is RFDM-3 It is mono, although it receives Stereo from an RCA patch cord and combines the signal into mono. It is digital and has three inputs and transimits three separate channels. I use 119, 121 and 125. A friend is using UHF rather than cable and it works fine for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts