Rf Remote problem..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bcal

Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Texas
I have installed 7 recs in a metal rack. I was planning to make all wireless and not mess with IR repeaters. It appears the rack is causing major inter and has cut down the range to a short distance. Since these recs are hr-23 they have the external rf ant port removed. I have only converted one rec to rf so far and while at home I have discovered I can amplify the remote recpt with a ant amp but it only extends it 30 feet. If this works where in the rec are the internal ants and is there a more conventional way to extend the range due to the large home and metal racks?

I don't know, but it isn't just you - I have clients that just have them sitting alone, away from the TV & they still don't reach all that far.
I'd be interested if there is some "alteration" that anyone has done to add some sort of external antenna to these...

Me Too, I have the H-21 and the range is much worse with the intertenal antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)