RF Remote Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloard

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
I have an HR-21 and want to put it in a closet along with other components. I have been debating between using an IR repeater vs. an RF remote. Several years ago, I had an RF remote and it seemed like there was a big delay between pushing a button and something happening. Is this still the case?

But, now that I have my HR-21 with an RF capable remote, I'm leaning toward trying RF again. I am wondering if there is any conceivable way to control my DVD and stereo receiver (in the same closet) with my DirecTV RF remote? Is there some kind of standard RF receiver that can pick up the signal from the remote and send it to my various components?

What is the best way to control an HR-21 and three other components in a closet with a single remote?

Thanks.

I don't think there are any RF remotes which will control more than one brand of device.

You could either use a IR extender or something like the Logitech Harmony 890, which sends RF to an IR emitter that controls the various components (not the cheapest solution, but they work great).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)