RF Remote Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PrompterGuy

Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Anaheim, CA
I have an HR23, a Panasonic Plasma and a Denon audio amp.
I have the audio locked to the Denon so I control the audio with the RF remote in DTV position. So far, so good.

My question: is there a way to turn on the TV and the Denon at the same time or do I have to slide the mode switch to AV1 (Denon) to power it up, then slide back to DTV to power up the TV (Plasma)

With my old Time Warner remote I was able to push POWER once and it turned on the TV & the Denon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

you can set your TV/SAT on and off to whatever you want, but limit to one for a double on and off. Usually a tv and sat are a ON and OFF together, others will have to switch to AV1 or AV2

I don't know why D* didn't allow for this, turning on all 3 devices at once with the on/off buttons. I was hoping their new remotes (RC65) would allow for this, but they don't.

well it would confuse the remote when you wanna volume you up or mute and youd have chaos if you had tv and a home theater sound going off at once.

The OP isn't talking about the volume at all, just the ON & OFF keys, which will never be able to control an AV receiver. Your first post kind of suggested at it, and it wont.

The OP isn't talking about the volume at all, just the ON & OFF keys, which will never be able to control an AV receiver. Your first post kind of suggested at it, and it wont.

well what i should mentioned was that if you can get on/off to work for lets say 3 including a TV and Directv reciever, and say a home theater, you still got the conflict of a Volume unless they design the volume to strictly for tv and have to change to AV1 or AV2 to change volume on a home theater which will still be a hassle.

there are plenty of aftermarket that can be cable of doing this.

You can make the remote change the volume on the surround system in any mode selection. SO, if it's in tv/directv/av1/av2 mode it will change surround sound volume, not the tv. If that's what you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)