Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 1, 2010
SW COLORADO
Hi, anyone know where RFD went to? The
screen says they changed satellites.
thanks
wayne

Nothing on that TP either. They're probably realigning TPs. There is a new TP with IONs mirror same as 4040 but with a much stronger signal at 4161 H 26680

Rural TV is still there as before. Just RTV-TV is only a test card. Card says "has changed satellites". Maybe 101, 97 or 91? They used to be on 121 will check there...

This is posted over at legalFTA by "carlospr43":

Its being reported to move to AMC 18 Encrypted, Rural will follow in a year or so. here is C/P from the cable company::

Hi all,
I work for a cable company and completed our RFD transition today. RFD standard def is only available via HITS on AMC 18 transponder 5. It is now encrypted via the digicipher platform. I am disappointed to lose it as part of my FTA lineup. I am told Rural TV will remain ITC for at approximately 1 year. Sorry to deliver the bad news.

What I would write to Patrick is something as follows:

patrick@rfdtv.com

"Patrick,

I am (now was) an avid viewer of RFD-TV, which bills itself as America's Most Important Rural Network. I am a rural dweller and no longer can watch your channel as you have removed it off of the C-Band satellite system which I have come to rely on. While you might not know it there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of us out here watching via satellite! In addition the hobby of watching "Free to Air" satellite is growing like crazy now that many folks are cutting the cable on their cable tv and satellite services. You can find thousands of people discussing this legal free to air technology and programming available on sites like SatelliteGuys.US.

You currently have your RuralTV service up in the clear on C Band. Would you please consider adding RFD-TV back to that mux? Please don't forget us REAL Rural folks out here!

Sincerely,

Your name here."

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts