rfdtv gone but not forgotten

jonsnow

Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
The only and I mean the only reason rfdtv is no longer a part of the pi channels on dish network is because it represented the rural American culture, or flyover country and not Mexico or San Francisco. If rfdtv had a program called Dyke Cowgirl TV instead of Big Joe's Polka show it would have been untouchable.

I thought it was because RFDTV sold advertising, and didn't fit into the non-commercial category that PI was created for. Isn't that why it was moved to a commercial station package?

The reason RFD TV is not a PI channel is because a judge ruled it was a commercial channel because sometimes it aired live cattle auctions.

RFD TV is still available on Dish.

This may actually help RFD TV which was always looking for money, as before they were paying to be on Dish, now however they are gettind paid to be on Dish. :)

i think that DISH did what they could here. I really doubt that the channel had a lot of viewers ANYWHERE but they found a way to make it available to folks. BTW there area lot of polka fans in the metro NY area (Central jersey in particular) you don't need to get to flyover country to find fans for that.

The reason RFD TV is not a PI channel is because a judge ruled it was a commercial channel because sometimes it aired live cattle auctions.

RFD TV is still available on Dish.

This may actually help RFD TV which was always looking for money, as before they were paying to be on Dish, now however they are gettind paid to be on Dish. :)

Ah, but that's not what the men in the black helicopters say. :rolleyes:

i think that DISH did what they could here. I really doubt that the channel had a lot of viewers ANYWHERE but they found a way to make it available to folks. BTW there area lot of polka fans in the metro NY area (Central jersey in particular) you don't need to get to flyover country to find fans for that.

I have to agree...it was decent of them not to remove it entirely. :up

So jonsnow, have you added it back to your service yet ?? It's available to you if you're willing to pay for it. Just $2 per month.... $24 a year. Is it worth that much to you ??

The way I understood it, RFD SOLD TIME for the live cattle auctions and got commisions on sales through their 800 number. This was what killed them IIRC.

But as everyone else here is saying RFD TV is still available

CHANNEL 231

Package Required: AT200, DishFamily

Also available A la Carte for $2 a month.

See ya
Tony

Yup those cattle auctions are what did them in.

But it's ok, I think this move could actually help the channel expand. It's a great channel!

Is there a name for that Dutch Oven Cooking Show? I searched on "Dutch" and got nothing.

The only and I mean the only reason rfdtv is no longer a part of the pi channels on dish network is because it represented the rural American culture, or flyover country and not Mexico or San Francisco. If rfdtv had a program called Dyke Cowgirl TV instead of Big Joe's Polka show it would have been untouchable.

Considering you are clueless of about what you speak... :rolleyes: But then I also noticed that you never posted again. Might it be you realized how wrong you were???

Actually I suspect that a lot of the Dyke cowgirls like to polka too. I mean who doen't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)