rfdtv gone but not forgotten

I also wonder if the group that sued to remove RFD-TV's PI status, Farm Journal, Inc. might want to launch their own farm/rural oriented PI channel, given the chance.

However, I completely agree that there is no reason to complain, because anyone who wants RFD that badly can still have it for $2/month.

I garuuunteeee it's a fun channel to watch.
Like the train stuff.
Get to hear my favorite Chicago radio voice from the "farm reports"
But the cattle aution was the problem? See what happens when you try selling people a lot of Bull sh....;)

i think that DISH did what they could here. I really doubt that the channel had a lot of viewers ANYWHERE but they found a way to make it available to folks. BTW there area lot of polka fans in the metro NY area (Central jersey in particular) you don't need to get to flyover country to find fans for that.

come to illinois and ask that question, and I don't mean chicago. I go around town and I see at least 10 or 15 of those RFD tv denim caps that they talk about on there. Plus I asked my installer from st louis and he said that most folks only wanted dish for the cardinals, at least until they seen RFD tv, it's one of this areas most popular channels.

come to illinois and ask that question, and I don't mean chicago. I go around town and I see at least 10 or 15 of those RFD tv denim caps that they talk about on there. Plus I asked my installer from st louis and he said that most folks only wanted dish for the cardinals, at least until they seen RFD tv, it's one of this areas most popular channels.

I am in Northern Il 55 miles west of Chicago and I know 10 people with RFDTV hats, and i want one!!!

To all you Dish pom-pom waivers: Why couldn't Dish just add the channel to Dish 100 package instead of having to charge two bucks extra a month. Seems to me that there are many other special interest channels that are a part of the packages that could be made ala-carte.

What question are you referring to? I did not know I asked one.

To all you Dish pom-pom waivers: Why couldn't Dish just add the channel to Dish 100 package instead of having to charge two bucks extra a month.
Short answer: Because they want to

Long answer: Well, this isn't an answer, but think about your logic. Why not just add dozens and dozens of channels to their lowest package (and of course, not raise rates) ??

Short answer: Because they want to

Long answer: Well, this isn't an answer, but think about your logic. Why not just add dozens and dozens of channels to their lowest package (and of course, not raise rates) ??
Besides, it's already in their lowest package (Dish Family, $19.99/month).

Besides, it's already in their lowest package (Dish Family, $19.99/month).

Dish Family has a number of channels that are not in other packages. It is really a separate packing and not part of the AT XXX line.

What? RFDTV is gone from AT 100?!? Oh man, I'm going to miss "I Love Trains." But then I didn't even realize it was gone so I guess I'm not going to miss it that much.

I'm not concerned about rfdtv's price. I'm not upset over it not being on the top 100. It's a little channel of no concern to 99 percent of subs. It's called censorship. Just as the free previews were self imposed censorship by dish, this is worse, blocking rfdtv from the fta list was done by the federal government, the FCC. All of these moves are in violation of not only freedom of speech(freeviews), but also of freedom of religion(Bill Gaither). The first censorship was done mostly because of the superbowl incident and can be argued as being constitutional by some, the second was done because some lawyer hates certain views but won't touch other ones. This form of censorship is unconstitutional period.

You really need to study the definition of censorship. It doesn't mean "free."

I'm not concerned about rfdtv's price. I'm not upset over it not being on the top 100. It's a little channel of no concern to 99 percent of subs. It's called censorship. Just as the free previews were self imposed censorship by dish, this is worse, blocking rfdtv from the fta list was done by the federal government, the FCC. All of these moves are in violation of not only freedom of speech(freeviews), but also of freedom of religion(Bill Gaither). The first censorship was done mostly because of the superbowl incident and can be argued as being constitutional by some, the second was done because some lawyer hates certain views but won't touch other ones. This form of censorship is unconstitutional period.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks, I needed a good laugh this evening!

Give Rfd-tv A Chance!! Take A Look And Watch A Few Of Their Programs .. Its Refreshing To See Some Of Those Country Music Programs Both Form The Past And Present. Also Take A Look At The New Ralph Emery Show. Feel As Though You Stepped Back In Time To "the Nashville Network"...and The Branson Shows Wow!!!

You really need to study the definition of censorship. It doesn't mean "free."

You should study history. I agree 100 percent, censorship is not freedom. Which is why there was a war called the Revolution fought in the late 1700's which I thought gave us certain rights, freedoms and protections from opressive governments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts