Rfdtv-hd?????

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
I just got through reading Scott's blog on Multichannel.com and I happened to notice a banner advertising that RFDTV will launch an HD version on November 1. Not that a lot of people watch that channel, but has anyone heard any other news than this - RFD-TV - Rural America's Most Important Network ?

We kind of like the channel. My 16 year old is a fan of it and I used to watch quite a few of the shows on it. I hope Dish picks it up.

Tractor pulls in HD might be cool, but I don't think that i'm going to be terribly impressed with the cattle auction in "stunning High Definition"
:rolleyes:

Still, if i'm going to watch it... HD is the way to go! I say: COOL!

When I first heard of RFD TV and heard descriptions of some of the show on this channel, the thought came to mind that this channel could be the biggest waste of space ever.

And then I watched RFD TV and was amazed at how good and entertaining the programming was! This channel is a true GEM in the vast world of vanity channels.

Try watching it sometime, you might actually like it. :)

I think this station would be AMAZING in HD.

the show where they basically just chase a train and show you nice pictures of it is pretty cool if you like that sort of thing which I do.

Yea, I brought this up a while ago when my wife saw the announcement of the HD channel in the RFD-TV monthly magazine.

I think they (RFD) implied that it would be used mainly for the musical shows they broadcast from their own studios as well as on location, although of course as time goes by they could branch out to.....yes......Big Joe!!

At the very least, RFD-TV is an interesting window into what a significant proportion of Americans find relevant and entertaining TV. Gives you another perspective.

Of course the question remains as to how many of these will be into HD but...who knows? I'm reminded of the SNL news item about the Amish guy with his "Blackberry" which turned out to be, of course, a real blackberry (messy when he tried to read his e-mails). :)

=NLK=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts