RFDtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Is this channel up and running now? I cant seem to find it. I got all the Ion channels
but this one eludes me. Im an trying 3915 H 4410. I cant seem to get any signal on
Coolsat 5000. Ion channels are about 70 percent on a 7 1/2 dish. Im on 103w.

thanks

Yep, it's up, but not quite as strong as Ion. Ion at 70% isn't that strong, the threshold on my CS 6000 is about 66%, if the 5000 is similar, you probably won't get it, it might indicate you need to tweak your dish a little. I have it at 3.915 horizontal, symbol rate at 4.410. VPID 0308, APID 0258, PPID 0308.

Well thats interesting. The DSR922 shows a signal strength of 100% on the sat. Its dark now but tomorrow i can try and move the dish up or down a bit and see if the meter goes up any. I believe 121 is HD.

Thanks

RFD has always been difficult for me on the 6 footer...right at the threshold. It does a little better on the 8.5. Like others have said it's not as strong as Ion stuff is. Blind

but if the channel is flagged as HD the Coolsat 5000 wont show it.

I know there are 2 channels on 121 that say RFD HD and the other is definitely HD. I forget if the one you posted is HD or not

I scanned 121 tonite, and got RFD down twice, scans in as RFD HD on both, and Merc 2 is showing me a black screen.

Well for the record I went out and checked that dish in the daylight. I could have sworn I was further away from that tree. It does have some blockage. We will wait for the leaves to fall and try it again.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)