Rg6 connector ex6xl

Edwin95

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Los Angeles
I have a rg6 connector that's ex6xl but the connector was partially hex crimp and not compressed and it cant be terminated. Any idea what rg6 cable tool the installer used or what caused the connector to appear this way

I have a rg6 connector that's ex6xl but the connector was partially hex crimp and not compressed and it cant be terminated. Any idea what rg6 cable tool the installer used or what caused the connector to appear this way
You can get a RG6 compression tool that will work fine at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

This is the one I have been using for years.
Btw, I wouldn't buy the fittings from them, unless you only need a few.

You can get a RG6 compression tool that will work fine at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

This is the one I have been using for years.
Btw, I wouldn't buy the fittings from them, unless you only need a few.
The question seems to be what tool was used to install the connector he has, not what could be used to install other fittings. The "hex crimp" would certainly be unusual on a compression fitting. A photo of the installed connector would be helpful...

I don't know what he means by "...it can't be terminated."

The question seems to be what tool was used to install the connector he has, not what could be used to install other fittings. The "hex crimp" would certainly be unusual on a compression fitting. A photo of the installed connector would be helpful...

I don't know what he means by "...it can't be terminated."
I presumed he was going to cut them off and place new RG6 compression fittings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)