RG6 QUAD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish head

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I put new cable on my system (RG6 QUAD) now when I hooked the cable to the receiver it wont go on. It tries to come on but it dos`nt. I have a Coolsat 5000 and SG 2100 motor. Did I purchase the wrong cable? Thanks

Great cable, I would snip of your ends and start again! Sounds like a short in the cable maybe!

try unhooking the cable and powering up the coolsat, if the coolsat powers up most likely the issue is the cable.

The receiver will come on when I take the cable off. I also have the BUD and when I hook up the KU from the BUD the receiver comes on. I ckecked cable for breaks but its whole. I have a 25 ft run from me pole, unless its the motor. Thanks

the length of the cable run is fine, i would suspect a bad LNB before i would suspect the motor.

With the receiver unplugged (not just powered off), try just connecting the cable. Then plug back in and see if it powers on. If it does, unplug again and add the motor connection, and as before then the next cable untill you find out what connection makes it not power on. Sure sounds like a short somewhere. The Idea is to find out what part causes the receiver to not turn on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)