Rhode Island locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnbois56

Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Does anyone know anything new on this front? I am a B.Bruins fan and understand that I can't get nesnhd until Providence locals are up and running in hd.

There is a way to get Boston locals and NESN HD. If you have an HR20 or H20 receiver and the new 5 LNB dish (AT9), just call D* and give them an address in a Boston zip code as your service address and keep your billing address. Folks refer to it as "moving". Just tell them you are "moving" to this new address. Since I believe your locals overlap, not a huge loss. You should be able to get any specific Providence locals OTA. I live in CT and did this when NESN went HD and love it. I get benies of Boston stuff and my Hartford locals OTA. Oh yes and Bruins on NESN HD.

dnbois56 said:
Does anyone know anything new on this front? I am a B.Bruins fan and understand that I can't get nesnhd until Providence locals are up and running in hd.

You should know that even with providence locals you won't get nesnhd or the celtics in hd. Those are limited to just the boston market, even though providence subs get those channels standard. Until mid next year at least when they launch more hd channels.

It is really ridiculous though, hartford is bad enough, rhode island might as well be part of mass. when it comes to sports.

Providence locals were supposed to go up this month I thought according to an article on the directv site, but it seems they have fallen behind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Received E-Mail from D* saying HR20 available at Best Buy

HD Sports Programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)