Jpar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Eastern Virginia
The Long awaiting for the Richmond Va. Locals just moved to Satellite 110
this week end!

We have been waiting 5 months.
No one could give us the date when the change would be?
Just happened to come across it today.

HURRAY!

Jpar

Richmond Va Locals now on 110

Hello Scott.. I should have asked you instead of Dish.
They could never give me a ball park date.
I had to find out my self with some aluminum foil over the 105 L&B
Thanks,
Jpar

Jpar said:
Hello Scott.. I should have asked you instead of Dish.
They could never give me a ball park date.
Thanks,
Jpar

So will you be getting rid of your 105 SD?

Richmond, Va. Locals

This is interesting because I am Northeast of Norfolk by about 90 miles and Southeast of Richmond by about the same distance. At home, I get my locals from Norfolk but if I go 22 miles away to my favorite campground, it is in the area of Richmond locals. It sure is a pain having to reset the receiver.

Jpar said:
Thanks,
Jpar

There is an easier way to find what slot and transponder a channel is on. Just tune to the channel and go to the dish point screen and it will tell you that information.

So...

if Richmond locals are now on 110, what are the options for the present 105 SuperDish owners? Can you use one of the new Repoint Kits or does that only work on the 121 SuperDish's? I was thinking about getting one of the new HD packages - should I repoint my exisiting 105 SD or ask for a new 1000 or 1000+?

sullivbt said:
if Richmond locals are now on 110, what are the options for the present 105 SuperDish owners? Can you use one of the new Repoint Kits or does that only work on the 121 SuperDish's? I was thinking about getting one of the new HD packages - should I repoint my exisiting 105 SD or ask for a new 1000 or 1000+?

The Superdish picks up 110 so you dont need to do any repointing

sullivbt said:
Just like Jpar, it sounds like you have a SD-105 and may not need to receive 105 in the future with your locals moving to 110; but if you upgrade to a HD package you will need either 129 or 61.5.

So for, the SuperDish Repoint Kit has not come out. Although when Scott first reported it, he mentioned it was for the SD-121; however, I've read somewhere that the SD-121 and SD-105 were identical except for the "LNBF cluster" and if that is true, my feeling is the Repoint Kit will work on either model. Guess we need to wait and see.

Until it does come out, you could:
- Peak the SD-105 for 129 (or 61.5), and use a Dish 500 for 119 & 110;
- Peak the SD-105 for 119 & 110, and use a Dish 500 for 129 (or 61.5);
- Remove the SD-105, and install a Dish 1000+ with a DP-34, without using the 118.7.
- Maybe someone else knows what options Dish may give you for upgrading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)