Rick Ankiel received 12-month supply of HGH, News learns

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
at the time he got it, it was not banned by MLB. and i think it is unknown if he got it illegaly. at the time you could get it on the up and up. lets hope its the news papers efforts to drum up a story. he is off to a GREAT start. and is, they say a nice guy.

The prince turns into a frog, the carriage into a pumpkin, etc... Another player sells his soul to the devil. So much for this years feel good moment. Is there anyone who isn't "juiced" in sports anymore?

I heard about this the other day, but if he did it was before they started all this testing and I still don't think they even test for it.

Of course, the story was broken by a NY paper.

Do you think the Mets are getting scared that the Cardinals may win the WC?

wont win the WC to far out. only hope is Central.
also, HGH is not juice as we know it. it wont pump you up. it was taken for healing his surgey. if you want to read more go to

STLtoday - Home

look under sports then bernie miklas

and no, im not bias! ;)

While recuperating from Tommy John's surgery he received medication, prescribed by a physician, administered at a clinic. The medications were mailed directly to the clinic. In 2004 there was no rule against HGH in MLB, it was legal when prescribed, and even today, in the case of a medically diagnosed condition a waiver can be received for medication that would normally be prohibited. Before we convict and sentence Ankiel it might be advisable to find out what the facts really are.

While recuperating from Tommy John's surgery he received medication, prescribed by a physician, administered at a clinic. The medications were mailed directly to the clinic. In 2004 there was no rule against HGH in MLB, it was legal when prescribed, and even today, in the case of a medically diagnosed condition a waiver can be received for medication that would normally be prohibited. Before we convict and sentence Ankiel it might be advisable to find out what the facts really are.

:up

at the time he got it, it was not banned by MLB. and i think it is unknown if he got it illegaly. at the time you could get it on the up and up. lets hope its the news papers efforts to drum up a story. he is off to a GREAT start. and is, they say a nice guy.

obviously you are from St Louis so your delusional attitude towards HGH is understandable. HGH needs to be described by not just an ordinary Dr. but in 99.9% of cases by an endocrinologist and is monitored closely by the FDA & any pharmacy. And spare me the "it was not banned by MLB".

wont win the WC to far out. only hope is Central.
also, HGH is not juice as we know it. it wont pump you up. it was taken for healing his surgey. if you want to read more go to

STLtoday - Home

look under sports then bernie miklas

and no, im not bias! ;)

why not try the Mayo clinic site for real info....
Human growth hormone (HGH): Does it slow aging process? - MayoClinic.com

..."Who needs to take human growth hormone?

Synthetic human growth hormone is available only by prescription and is administered through an intramuscular injection. It's currently approved to treat adults with true growth hormone deficiency — not the expected decline in growth hormone due to aging. Growth hormone deficiency can be caused by pituitary tumors and radiation or surgery to the pituitary gland, among other causes.

Human growth hormone is also approved for:

* Children with short stature
* Children with kidney failure
* Children with Prader-Willi syndrome
* Children with Turner's syndrome
* Muscle wasting associated with AIDS and HIV

Studies of adults with growth hormone deficiencies show that injections of human growth hormone can:

* Increase bone density
* Increase muscle mass
* Decrease body fat
* Bolster the heart's ability to contract
* Improve mood and motivation
* Increase exercise capacity

Because of those results, some people believe that synthetic human growth hormone can help healthy older adults who have naturally low levels of growth hormone regain some of their youth and vitality.".....

it is a performance enhancing drug period for a healthy young person of any gender.

why not try the Mayo clinic site for real info....
Human growth hormone (HGH): Does it slow aging process? - MayoClinic.com

..."Who needs to take human growth hormone?

Synthetic human growth hormone is available only by prescription and is administered through an intramuscular injection. It's currently approved to treat adults with true growth hormone deficiency — not the expected decline in growth hormone due to aging. Growth hormone deficiency can be caused by pituitary tumors and radiation or surgery to the pituitary gland, among other causes.

Human growth hormone is also approved for:

* Children with short stature
* Children with kidney failure
* Children with Prader-Willi syndrome
* Children with Turner's syndrome
* Muscle wasting associated with AIDS and HIV

Studies of adults with growth hormone deficiencies show that injections of human growth hormone can:

* Increase bone density
* Increase muscle mass
* Decrease body fat
* Bolster the heart's ability to contract
* Improve mood and motivation
* Increase exercise capacity

Because of those results, some people believe that synthetic human growth hormone can help healthy older adults who have naturally low levels of growth hormone regain some of their youth and vitality.".....

it is a performance enhancing drug period for a healthy young person of any gender.
Yes, thank you for the facts Madtown. Note that in the facts you quoted, it states that HGH is used in cases of muscle wasting. It gives the example of HIV/AIDS, but those are not the only reasons for muscle wasting. Also note that in the second set of results the quoted material lists increasing bone density and increasing exercise capacity. Now, if you are not already aware of the procedure check out what is involved in Tommy John's surgery.
Tommy John surgery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USATODAY.com - Tommy John surgery: Pitcher's best friend
ESPN.com: TRAININGROOM - Training Room:' Tommy John' surgery
Baseball Prospectus | Articles | Inside Tommy John Surgery

In Tommy John's holes are drilled through the bone, and a ligament is replaced by a tendon, which is tied to the bone and muscle. At first the arm is held completely motionless while things heal. Then a very careful regimen of rehabilitation. This can take from 7 months to 18+ months, depending on whether the patient is a pitcher or a position player. The Mayo site does not list Tommy John's surgery as one of the reasons for HGH to be prescribed, but since the surgery is limited primarily to baseball players it isn't too great a mystery why it might not have made the list of examples.

Of course there is still the other fact that so far all we have for proof that Ankiel received HGH is a report in a New York newspaper which says the medication was mailed to a clinic in his name. What incontrovertible proof. :D If only it was this easy to get you to believe in global warming. :rolleyes:

OK, you made a believer out of me. Nobody is using steroids, they just like to order it. I'm more shocked when I find a player that isn't using steroids now a days.

I thought the Ankiel Story was fantastic. I felt for the kid when he went through the mental collapse and just couldnt through a strike in the playoffs.

He worked ard to come back and has been crushing the ball. I followed his rise in SI who used to have a little chart to show his progress.

Im now disappointed. Maybe it was that I was just disappointed again in an athlete.

I liked and respected Rodney Harrison the football player and now look at him in a different way. The same will be said for the way I look at Ankiels comeback.

I agree with the last guy..its probably harder to find people not taking junk than to find those who are.

OK, you guys are right. Ankiel should have just quit baseball after his arm blew out. Why try to fix it, that would obviously just be cheating. Why even bother going to a doctor, that would be taking an unfair advantage. Just quit, that's a much better solution than undergoing surgery and taking medication prescribed by a physician. Yep, lets just assume they are all dirty, and never watch any kind of sports again. For all we know someone else probably took an aspirin today.

OK, you guys are right. Ankiel should have just quit baseball after his arm blew out. Why try to fix it, that would obviously just be cheating. Why even bother going to a doctor, that would be taking an unfair advantage. Just quit, that's a much better solution than undergoing surgery and taking medication prescribed by a physician. Yep, lets just assume they are all dirty, and never watch any kind of sports again. For all we know someone else probably took an aspirin today.

Bogy, HGH is not something you or I can even get from a Dr. in almost all cases. I am tight with my Doc (play sports with him and hang out socially)and asked him when all this came out about HGH specifically. He could not prescribe it for me. He would have to refer me to an endocrinologist. What ever happened to hard work to get ahead instead of cheating via a magic pill or clear cream...??:confused:

Bogy, HGH is not something you or I can even get from a Dr. in almost all cases. I am tight with my Doc (play sports with him and hang out socially)and asked him when all this came out about HGH specifically. He could not prescribe it for me. He would have to refer me to an endocrinologist. What ever happened to hard work to get ahead instead of cheating via a magic pill or clear cream...??:confused:

Because neither YOU, ME or ANYONE in here have to play sports FOR A LIVING! Let me ask you something, HOW far did YOU get with your "athletic career"? High School? Maybe some college? have you ever had to compete at that level? Competition is alot different that competing for a job. Now I am UNDER NO WAY CONDONING the use of performance enhancing drugs....but you have NO POSSIBLE way of knowing how competitive it is....

You seem to be making an assumption that the Dr. that wrote Ankiel's prescription, supposing that anyone did and that he ever received the medication the newspaper claims he did, was a general MD that Ankiel picked out of the phone book. Madtown, are you a professional athlete with a contract worth millions on the line? Just what medical need did the Doc you hang out with refuse to treat you for? Or were you just looking to pump yourself up? Have you ever had holes drilled in your bones? Not to mention through your muscles? I have, and I would have jumped at anything that might have speeded up the healing process. In fact I did, but unfortunately it didn't work out. It wasn't HGH, but then again, I don't have a contract to play any kind of pro sports with millions of dollars at stake. It looks to me like Ankiel has put in an incredible amount of work, and until I see actual proof that he did something wrong I will wait to condemn him.

obviously you are from St Louis so your delusional attitude towards HGH is understandable. HGH needs to be described by not just an ordinary Dr. but in 99.9% of cases by an endocrinologist and is monitored closely by the FDA & any pharmacy. And spare me the "it was not banned by MLB".

a republican is callinig me delusional???:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)