Rick Ankiel received 12-month supply of HGH, News learns

Because neither YOU, ME or ANYONE in here have to play sports FOR A LIVING! Let me ask you something, HOW far did YOU get with your "athletic career"? High School? Maybe some college? have you ever had to compete at that level? Competition is alot different that competing for a job. Now I am UNDER NO WAY CONDONING the use of performance enhancing drugs....but you have NO POSSIBLE way of knowing how competitive it is....

3 sports in HS....track, basketball, and football....captain of FB team and QB. Drew interest from 5 D1 programs in the WAC & Big Ten for FB (also offered a spot to walk on at wisconsin - before Alvarez) and many D2 for BB. Blew out Achilles in last HS FB game and never could run the same so offers went away. I played BB in the summers with the Dick Bennett led D1 UWGB team players in various amateur tournaments. I am 37 years old, 6'2" and can still dunk a basketball...sometimes:p oh yeah...and WHITE:eek:

just because the the high level he competes at brings more pressure and money, that does not mean he should do anything necessary to excel nor excuse the actions.

3 sports in HS....track, basketball, and football....captain of FB team and QB. Drew interest from 5 D1 programs in the WAC & Big Ten for FB (also offered a spot to walk on at wisconsin - before Alvarez) and many D2 for BB. Blew out Achilles in last HS FB game and never could run the same so offers went away. I played BB in the summers with the Dick Bennett led D1 UWGB team players in various amateur tournaments. I am 37 years old, 6'2" and can still dunk a basketball...sometimes:p oh yeah...and WHITE:eek:

just because the the high level he competes at brings more pressure and money, that does not mean he should do anything necessary to excel nor excuse the actions.

But that just it MAD....you did it for FUN, RECREATION....they are competing for a job....and in sports...it ALWAYS been a "what have you done for me lately" type of world. Look, IF he did it, it was NOT illegal, it was NOT test for and I am not surprised he did it....I will not hold it against him either.

Good for you:up:up.....played at FSU 1 year, 4th rd pick by the Reds and played A ball in Sarasota MANY, MANY moons ago....ONLY 41;) and not tall enough to dunk....LOL...ONLY 5-8.

But that just it MAD....you did it for FUN, RECREATION....they are competing for a job....and in sports...it ALWAYS been a "what have you done for me lately" type of world. Look, IF he did it, it was NOT illegal, it was NOT test for and I am not surprised he did it....I will not hold it against him either.

Good for you:up:up.....played at FSU 1 year, 4th rd pick by the Reds and played A ball in Sarasota MANY, MANY moons ago....ONLY 41;) and not tall enough to dunk....LOL...ONLY 5-8.

So why didn't you use steroids, it may have gotten you past A ball? I would think you would feel more outrage about this. How did you feel about the players who passed you up, that were using steroids?

I got it Salsa..... a Pit Sport off.....like the old network Olympics with ABC, CBS, and NBC:p:p:p:p:p

My big fat ass is outta shape...though I am SLOWLY getting back into shape because I wanna play baseball again. And on rare occassions, because I am the assistant baseball coach at this private school, I get a bunch of little hot shot punks that THINK they can "blow a fastball past grandpa..."

So far....I MAYBE outta shape....but the eyes and the hand-eye coordination has not left....HEHEHE. Latest count sound pretty good:

4 years as coach....10 hotshot pitchers....10 ab....NO strikeouts...3 dingers...2 line drives over the leftfielders heads for 2-baggers and 5 popouts.....:D

AH...if I was 18 again....:D

Too bad your not down here Mad...I could use another athlete on my team....;):up

never let the little punks beat you Salsa....NEVER
I coached FB at my old HS for a couple years and the same thing...they thought they could throw farther blah blah blah......not so much.

as you said...to be 18 again:p:p:p:p;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)