Ridiculous

W

willsweeps99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 26, 2013
United States
Ok I am trying to get U-verse TV in my apartment and they will not let me. They say service is already at my address. They suggested that my landlord call previous tenant and get them to cancel. So someone left my apartment and never cancelled the service and now it is affected me! UGH!!!

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
It sounds like a bit of an inconvenience, but have you tried calling the landlord?

mike123abc

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I wonder how much of a balance there is on the bill? It seems odd that they do not have a way around this, it seems like it would be a common thing for tenants to skip out on utilities.

harshness

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
I wonder how much of a balance there is on the bill? It seems odd that they do not have a way around this, it seems like it would be a common thing for tenants to skip out on utilities.
U-verse isn't a utility. It is a subscription service that you typically pay in advance for.

dishcomm

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
Forget it.. Look at it this way....You don't have U Verse yet and the company has already demonstrated why it gets so many poor ratings for customer service. Or lack thereof.

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Curious, does the landlord live in that building and have Uverse?