Right Side Not Detected Installation Error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kressler

Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Yesterday I purchased a DirecTV DVR model R10 and am having trouble completing setup. Upon going through the guided steps, I am receiving the following error at the Check Setup Screen: "101 (A) Right Side Not Detected." Following the signal strength screen (at which I see good signals on only odd transponders and no signals from even ones).

I live in an apartment complex and don't have access to my dish to correctly determine what kind it is, but based on my settings on my Hughes Receiver -- it looks like I have a Round Dish and "LNB Stacked." I had a single cable going to my current receiver, so I connected that to the DVR and chose the "Single Cable Connected to Input 1" Option.

Any help here would be appreciated. Do I need some additional hardware? Is my equipment possibly too old to work with the DVR?

Thank you very much,
Keith

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! Sounds like your apartment complex is using a stacked distribution method. This system requires specific receivers that can destack the signal and unfortunately the R10 is not one of them. You have a couple of options. The most inexpensive would be to install your own dish in an exclusive use area of your apartment...i.e. your balcony. The only other option is to purchase a destacker which run around 150 dollars from www.9thtee.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)