RIP "Arnold Horshack"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. I had a Welcome Back Kotter Lunchbox I can tell you many of many other students went to the office for telling the teacher " Up your nose with with a rubber hose. And yet when the old Scholastic Book club order form was given to us many of us ordered this p140.jpg
I loved the show.

Last edited:
televisionarchives said:
...I can tell you many of many other students went to the office for telling the teacher " Up your nose with with a rubber hose.

Not me! It wasn't worth watching two nuns alternating beating you half to death, thus making you exactly dead...and afterwards receiving a rubber hose enema post mortem. :(

I wish I could double like Jim's post!

I have nothing but fond memories of my Catholic School education...but never, ever, ever, cross the nuns. It was suicide! The rumors of having your hands slapped with a ruler are complete B.S. - the nuns were all issued a 1-inch square yard stick that they proudly attached to a waste-band. Additionally, they were more proficient swinging them than many expert fencers, and they zealously enforced discipline through the "rule of thumb". I was a pretty good kid, but I learned how to keep my distance and avoid getting wailed on by sisters Mary Elizabeth, Lenore and Sylvester when my jocularity wasn't well received. However, just when I leaned how to stay out of range the three sisters went metric. Darm meter sticks!!! :D

Regardless, we were loved, challenged and educated...but weren't mollycoddled, we didn't malinger, and we weren't permitted to wallow in self-pity. And heaven help you if you were caught breaking a commandment, violating the code of conduct or, heaven forbit, challenging authority. Summary corporal punishment would quickly adjust a bad attitude. :) I couldn't image anyone telling one of the sisters, "Up your nose with a rubber hose."
:dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts