RIP Don Bartholomew - Installed until his death at 85

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Don would lurk around Satguys but I don't think he ever joined. Don installed Sky Angel systems and then Glorystar systems and FTA. I have worked with Don for several years, supplying parts and support. I worked one of his jobs in Oregon where he didn't have the bonding and insurance required for the job, so I took the contracting job and paid him a finders fee. He was climbing roofs the week before his heart attack. Here is a PDF of his obituary View attachment Bartholomew, Donald.pdf . I hope that I am that fit at 85 - just don't think I want to be climbing/installing at that age!

His Service is this Sunday March 27th, in Meadow Glade, Washington.
Bob

DonBartholomew.png

First met Don while living in Portland, Oregon. He would stop by my home and visit, talk shop, buy some receivers, LNBFs and dishes (even talking me out of a few donations) before heading out to help someone. Don wouldn't give a second thought to donating his time to help someone in need and had a knack with enlisting many of us along the way. It would be hard to find anyone who was more dedicated and willing to go the extra mile to help someone in need. I know of many, many systems that Don either donated or gave away his labor to install or a reaim.

Rest In Peace, Don! The world in a much better place because of your endless energy and desire to provide people with Christian TV and Radio!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)