Status
Not open for further replies.

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
stolen from Facebook:
[h=5]Say RIP to singer Eydie Gormé, who may not be known to younger generations but was a genuine star and great lady and genuine hoot (from our one conversation with her a few years ago) who, as People magazine said, "made an indelible impression on American audiences during the swingin' '60s." The 84-year-old died Saturday afternoon. Her longtime husband and partner Steve Lawrence said in a statement, "Eydie has been my partner on stage and in life for more than 55 years. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her and even more the first time I heard her sing. While my personal loss is unimaginable, the world has lost one of the greatest pop vocalists of all time." XFINITY:http://xfin.tv/jowpUV

[/h]

Saw them so many many years ago at the Flamingo in Vegas. RIP.

To me Eydie Gormé is synonymous with Christmas. To this day Christmas means listening to "Blanca Navidad" (White Christmas) as sung by Eydie Gormé and Trio Los Panchos from the 1966 recording in "Navidad Means Christmas" (still available but now it's named for its title song "Blanca Navidad")

RIP Eydie. You will still live every Christmas in my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)