rirwin1983 - scam continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just sent him a pm, I have filed charges but they can all stop if he refunds me my money, its up to him, but I would hate to see someone spend time in prison over 200 bucks/

Since you are in the same state you can also go file a lawsuit against him in small claims court. :)

In addition a few SatelliteGuys members have given their support just to go out and stand in front of his house in the street. If they remain in the street there is nothing he can do about it, which should be fun considering his next door neighbor is a cop. :)

Are they allowed to hold signs that say thief or con artist?

or do you need a permit for that?

Since you are in the same state you can also go file a lawsuit against him in small claims court. :)

I will be filing a claim with whoever I can, I am also getting ready to contact the state attorney, if this guy thinks I am messing around he is wrong, I will have every agency I can coming after him, I have already contacted the franklin county sheriff, and detective agency, plus a little surpise just to make sure I either get my money back, or he goes to jail, plain and simple.

I must have missed the info, but what city is he in? I am not but a few hours drive to most of ohio. I'll drive there and "hang out" with others.

Sounds like a really interesting way to meet some fellow SatelliteGuys haha. :)

I haven't had the misfortune of being scammed by this kid but I definitely want to see him get what he has coming.

SatinKzo: see here.

...but I would hate to see someone spend time in prison over 200 bucks/
No one will go to jail over $200.
I am also getting ready to contact the state attorney, if this guy thinks I am messing around he is wrong, I will have every agency I can coming after him, I have already contacted the franklin county sheriff, and detective agency
Again, this is $200 you're talking about... Yes, it may be a lot of money to you or I. Certainly not something I'd throw away, but the state attorney or detectives ??

No one will go to jail over $200.
Again, this is $200 you're talking about... Yes, it may be a lot of money to you or I. Certainly not something I'd throw away, but the state attorney or detectives ??
For one person you would be correct, but we have a group here and they are taking notice because of that. :)

I am only about a few hours from there as well and I have a nephew that knows that area so it would not take much for me to get up there either. They just made a brand new highway 5 miles from my house all the way straight to Columbus. It would be great to see a band of people get together and show support for each other from this site. Others can see the man for who he really is. His image would be hurt very badly which would hurt him even worse than the money that he took. The bad thing about it is that he could move and then be hard to find if something like this is done.

Yes, no one is going to jail over $200; it is most likely just a petty offense. But even that can result in charges. It is important contact the authorities as there may be a HISTORY of similar behavior, which is more likely to result in more serious charges.

Or, he can set Digital Dude on him... ;) :D

yes hall, the state attorney, and detectives, I have already contacted the detectives, also when people have a history, its easier for them to go to jail, even if it is JUST 200 bucks.

by the way did you get scammed? do you have anything to add to this thread that is constructive, if not please stay out of it, for things go on here that you dont know about, thanks.

What's the total dollar amount ? In Ohio, between $500 and $5000 is a fifth degree felony. That's just above a misdemeanor.... Fact is, no one was physically hurt, so jail time is even less likely. Like it or not, that's how it is with full jails.

In all seriousness, is anyone who's been ripped off "elderly" ? Ohio has add'l penalties for that. I don't know what is defined as "elderly" though. I'd bet anyone retirement age, i.e. 65 or older, qualifies though.

by the way did you get scammed? do you have anything to add to this thread that is constructive, if not please stay out of it, for things go on here that you dont know about, thanks.
I'm sorry, is this a private thread ?? Only those who got ripped off can post in it ?? I don't believe Scott did, but he's okay, right ? What about rockymtnhigh ?

Just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't dictate if I can post in here or not.

I'm sorry, is this a private thread ?? Only those who got ripped off can post in it ?? I don't believe Scott did, but he's okay, right ? What about rockymtnhigh ?

Just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't dictate if I can post in here or not.

Some of these staff members remind me of another board. :rolleyes:

A lot of people have posted in this thread Hall. Yes, its not a felony, but his behavior is still criminal. Whether misdemeanor or petty offense, he should not be able to get away with his behavior. And as I said before, if there is a history of abuse, the more likely the police might go after him.

At least two people have gotten screwed out of their money so far.

When people band together you can get more done. Just look at the results in the past when a lot of people posted things on here about things with Dish Network and then some results that came out of it. This site has done some things in the past to get things accomplished. It is one thing if only one person got ripped but for many to do it and from a repeat offender, he could go out and rip even more people off even off of this site, if he hasn't already.

I wonder what kind of publicity can be had by picketing in front of his house?

Yes, no one is going to jail over $200; it is most likely just a petty offense. But even that can result in charges. It is important contact the authorities as there may be a HISTORY of similar behavior, which is more likely to result in more serious charges.

Or, he can set Digital Dude on him... ;) :D

What are you talking about???

Attachments

• P1010235.JPG
    P1010235.JPG
    640.4 KB · Views: 227
Before I expanded the attachment, the photo looked like it came out of the movie Fargo -- where the guy was using the wood chopper - on a person! :D :D

I was thinking the same thing.:)

just private from you :D actually I was just trying to help you as others have pointed out before and I will do again, if a person has a history, then they will probably go to jail for an offense of the same nature...also just as a friendly reminder I told you there are things you dont know that you are trying to speak on, its over your head, just let it go, but if you really must post by all means go ahead its your right here as a satguy :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts