RMA Craziness

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
I was having some issues with my 612, so I did a online tech chat, the CSR determined that I needed to do a RMA and swap the receiver, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. So, they give me a RMA #, I log into my dish account and see that there is no shipments for the rma, so I do another chat, the CSR said there was not a receiver scheduled to be sent, so they did another RMA, I logged back into my dish account and the rma was listed for shipment but it was for the wrong receiver my 722! So I did another chat, and they did another RMA which was actually for the 612! So now I have 2 new receivers coming to me. They tell me they can not cancle the 722 that is coming, just to return it with the pre-paid shiping label.

MY QUESTION IS, should I refuse the 722 when UPS brings it, or just turn around and ship it right back to dish with the pre-paid label? I dont want to be billed for not returning the correct serial number.

they did that with me one time. i needed a replacement 722 and they sent a 625, which was the primary receiver on the account. i just had the UPS man wait a minute and sent it right back. you might want to write down the R00 number on the receiver just incase before you send it though. just to be on the safe side.

Don't refuse anything!

Sign for both units and go and swap out your defective unit. Wait a few days and if that works then send the defective and un-opened unit back to Dish using their pre-paid labels.

If the new unit they sent you craps out, then you already got a replacement ready to go.

Yep, $7 increase from $10 to $17 with a 722 vs the 612.

I find it kinda lame you can't tell them your only using the 722 for one TV for picture in picture ability which is what I do to avoid the extra fee. I just wish you could do that with the 612's and they had the same size HDD's as the 722's cause I'd switch in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the replies, I just wanted to see what your opinion was on sending back the same unit they sent me and if it would trigger the system and charge me. I have 3 HD Tv's in my house, I have a purchased 211, a 612, and a 722 (running in single mode for PIP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)