Road to Omaha

Carolina beat East Carolina 10-1 to take a 1-0 lead in the Super Regional.

Arkansas upset Florida St with a 9-8 win to win the series 2-0. The Razorbacks are going to Omaha.

Virginia beat Ole Miss 4-3 to ties the series 1-1.

What was FSU's national ranking?
I don't know. The NCAA only seeds the top 8 teams and they weren't one of them. My guess would be about 10. Florida St is probably the best team in the country to have never won a NC in baseball. The real kick in the balls for them was they scored 3 runs in the top of the 9th with 2 out to take the lead only to blow it in the bottom of the 9th. Ouch.

Cal St. Fullerton 11-0 over Louisville yesterday. The Titans are in the World Series.

LSU 5-3 over Rice. The Tigers are in the World Series as well. :) :up

Carolina finishes off East Carolina 9-3. The Tar Heels are going back to Omaha for a 4th straight year! :D:D:D

Virginia beats Ole Miss 5-1 to win the series and clinch their first ever CWS berth.

TCU beat Texas to even the series 1-1. Game 3 is tomorrow night.

I'd like to see UNC and LSU in the title game, if only for the possible war of words.
Ha. Well to start things off Carolina eliminated LSU in last year's CWS and in the 2nd round of this year's NCAA Tournament. :D That being said LSU has a good team and I'd love it if Carolina could match their success on the diamond (5 NC's).

Ha. Well to start things off Carolina eliminated LSU in last year's CWS and in the 2nd round of this year's NCAA Tournament. :D That being said LSU has a good team and I'd love it if Carolina could match their success on the diamond (5 NC's).
Yep, the Tarheels have gotten the one up on the Tigers as of late. CWS might go a little better for the Tigers this year however - better pitching this time. ;)

Arizona St knocks out Clemson to advance to Omaha. One spot left. TCU and Texas will fill it tomorrow.

Texas beats TCU in the final game of their series to advance to Omaha.

Well, they finally out of the early rounds after a few years. (You mentioned that 'King of the Choke' line, and I was thinking about that when TCU forced a winner-take-all game. I actually thought they may blow it again this year.)

Well, they finally out of the early rounds after a few years. (You mentioned that 'King of the Choke' line, and I was thinking about that when TCU forced a winner-take-all game. I actually thought they may blow it again this year.)
I thought they were in for it when they got into that 25 inning marathon with Boston College. Had they lost Texas would have had to win a doubleheader the next day. As it was they needed 8 runs in the 9th inning to beat Army after the BC game. These Horns live on the edge that's for sure.

College World Series Schedule

June 13

Arkansas vs #2 Cal St Fullerton 2 ET ESPN

Virginia vs #3 LSU 7 ET ESPN

June 14

#5 Arizona St vs #4 North Carolina 2 ET ESPN

Southern Miss vs #1 Texas 7 ET ESPN2

College World Series Schedule

June 13

Arkansas vs #2 Cal St Fullerton 2 ET ESPN

Virginia vs #3 LSU 7 ET ESPN

June 14

#5 Arizona St vs #4 North Carolina 2 ET ESPN

Southern Miss vs #1 Texas 7 ET ESPN2

Interesting to see the teams that made it and how they were ranked in the final USA Today Coaches Poll. Southern Miss is a true Cinderella.

USATODAY.com

Arkansas upsets Cal St Fullerton 10-6 in the first game of the CWS. Arkansas will face the winner of the LSU-Virginia game and Fullerton will get the loser.