Road to Omaha

Happy to help a fellow Tiger fan. :D

You need to come around more often during football season and show these guys what good sports SEC fans really are. There are some Gator and Tide fans on here that are making the SEC look bad. ;)

I will certainly do my best to show some SEC pride during football season. I have been here to read in the past, just not many posts.

By the way, don't worry about drinking for me. I have decided to leave right at 2 so I should definitely be home by the start of the 3rd at the latest. I know you are probably disappointed that you can't do double shots, but I'm sure you will be fine, and now you should be able to make it until the end of the game...:D

I will certainly do my best to show some SEC pride during football season. I have been here to read in the past, just not many posts.

By the way, don't worry about drinking for me. I have decided to leave right at 2 so I should definitely be home by the start of the 3rd at the latest. I know you are probably disappointed that you can't do double shots, but I'm sure you will be fine, and now you should be able to make it until the end of the game...:D

Oh Jesus, not another one of you!!! :rant: ;)

Sorry about UNC's loss anders. I had to leave about the 3rd inning and it looked pretty good for the Tarheels then. What happened?
Our starter loaded the bases in the 5th when we were up 4-0 and then we took him out and the next guy hit a grand slam. Then in the 7th we gave up 8 runs because nobody could throw a strike. We had 10 BB's, 5 WP's and hit 4 batters. :(

Last edited:
Technically, the College World Series final could be all set up tonight if the favorites win.

Yeah, but they will actually have to play the games tonight for that to happen. Could be in for a long haul of a weather delay.

Latest from ESPN.

The rain -- and lightning -- has arrived here at Rosenblatt Stadium. The tarp is back on the field and both LSU and Arkansas have retreated to their respective clubhouses.
There is no word on when this weather delay will end. Is it officially a weather delay if the game hasn't started yet? Another check of local radar has a long line of thunderstorms headed in a straight line from southwest to northeast on a direct path to Omaha. So it could be a while before any baseball is played here today.
At any rate, once (if?) the weather subsides, there is a minimum of 80 minutes needed to prepare the field for play once the tarp has been removed.

Our starter loaded the bases in the 5th when we were up 4-0 and then we took him out and the next guy hit a grand slam. Then in the 7th we gave up 8 runs because nobody could throw a strike. We had 10 BB's, 5 WP's and hit 4 batters. :(
Ouch! Hard to overcome that.

UNC's program is looking better and better though. I look to see them in the CWS pretty regularly in the years to come. Just hope I'm not looking from the loser's circle. ;) :D

College World Series Championship Series

LSU vs Texas

Game 1 Mon 7 ET ESPN
Game 2 Tue 7 ET ESPN
Game 3 Wed 7 ET ESPN (if necessary)

LSU is a 5 time NC (91, 93, 96, 97, 00)
Texas is a 6 time NC (49, 50, 75, 83, 02, 05)

Texas head coach Augie Garrido is going for his 6th NC, 3 with Cal St Fullerton and 2 with Texas.

This will be different.

For the first time in what seems like forever, the last two teams standing in the College World Series are both ranked.

The last three champs- Oregon State, Fresno State- were unranked.

It's nice to see two big boys slugging it out for a change- #1 vs. #3.

BTW, I know the first game was dull to those who don't root for the Bayou Bengals, but I'm not going to throw Arkansas under the bus and mock them for getting drilled.

They beat the #2 team in the country and a good Florida State team, so they beat some good teams- unfortunately, they ran into one that played a nearly-flawless game at the plate.

Also- if LSU wins, this will be McCoy's third championship of 2009 (the Steelers and Pens already won.)

On DBSForums, Bill had a signature that said "Boston 2007- A Sportsfan's Dream."

If the Bayou Bengals win the College World Series, McCoy should have a signature that says, "2009- My greatest year as a sports fan ever," for he'd have three titles in one calendar year.

... if LSU wins, this will be McCoy's third championship of 2009 (the Steelers and Pens already won.)

Never thought of that, but a big "if" to overcome. Texas is a tough team that just fought its way through the tougher bracket in my opinion. LSU pitching and hitting will need to be flawless.

Stiill, it has been a fun year to be a sports fan. Now if only NCAA football will follow suit - I want it all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)