Road to Omaha

Game 1 was a thriller.

LSU wins 7-6- one more win, and we can consider McCoy spoiled.
That was a great game. LSU scored 2 in the 9th to tie it and wins in 11. That was the lowdest crowd I've ever heard in Omaha. Great atmosphere.

Game 1 was a thriller.

LSU wins 7-6- one more win, and we can consider McCoy spoiled.

Whew! Told you that it's going to be tough. :) LSU somehow overcomes 5 solo home runs by Texas against one of the Tigers' better pitchers, and squeeks out a win in 11 innings. What a game.

This thing isn't over by a long shot though.

BTW, when I said spoiled, I was referring to the fact that McCoy's teams would have 3 titles in 1 calenadr year, not referring to him or his teams being spoiled in a snobby way.

Whew! Told you that it's going to be tough. :) LSU somehow overcomes 5 solo home runs by Texas against one of the Tigers' better pitchers, and squeeks out a win in 11 innings. What a game.

This thing isn't over by a long shot though.
All those HR's were crazy. Texas is a team known for bunting every chance they get. They hit 5 HR's tonight after hitting 2 in the 9th inning to beat Arizona St. So much for the old scouting report.

BTW, when I said spoiled, I was referring to the fact that McCoy's teams would have 3 titles in 1 calenadr year, not referring to him or his teams being spoiled in a snobby way.

:D Don't worry Sabres, I got your meaning. Besides, I always have my Pirates and LSU's football performance of last year to keep me humble, or at least quiet anyway. ;)

Like I said before, this thing isn't over by a long shot. Texas has proven that they can come back just as well as LSU, or better. This series will be something fun to watch from here on out.

All those HR's were crazy. Texas is a team known for bunting every chance they get. They hit 5 HR's tonight after hitting 2 in the 9th inning to beat Arizona St. So much for the old scouting report.

I kept waiting for Texas to end it on a walk off on every pitch there in the end. My stomach was knotting up. :)

I better rest up for tomorrow night.

Last edited:
That was a good game, didn't see the ending though, had to go to bed.

So, Coach Mainieri has announced that Ross will start tonight.

He has also said that he could go to Ranaudo out of the bull pen in relief or even use him to close the game since Ott threw 45 pitches last night.

Hopefully, if anything, Ranaudo would only be used in a close situation, not in any type of long relief, because I am sure he is penciled in as tomorrows starter if necessary.

By the way, did anyone catch it when Oral Herschieser (sp) said while talking about the problems the pitchers were having throwing the ball:

"The balls are slippery because the umpire's ball sack is sweaty."

:eek: That was a classic live tv moment in my opinion.

Hope all you Tiger and Longhorn fans are strapped in for another good one tonight. There's a rain delay however, for at least an hour last I heard. When it starts, here's hoping it's as exciting as last night's game.

Icongeauxtigers.png

Hope all you Tiger and Longhorn fans are strapped in for another good one tonight. There's a rain delay however, for at least an hour last I heard. When it starts, here's hoping it's as exciting as last night's game.

Icongeauxtigers.png

That might be a good omen. Remember what happened the last time LSU had to wait out a rain delay?

This stinks, I can't (even though I will) take another late night. I overslept this morning.

What's worse, is I might run out of rum. Can't go buy any more, already had a couple a' few too many. If I switch to Jack, I'll be :sleeo before the end.

Texas spoils LSU's party with a 5-1 win. They got a complete game from Taylor Jungmann and have another kid who's hit 5 HR's in Omaha after hitting none all year. So it comes down to one more game winner take all. Should be fun.

This will be great:

one-game to decide the champ, two of the best teams in the nation.

I know people love to cheer for Cinderella, but is the College World Series better with two powerhouses or a David/Goliath matchup?

Jungman was lights out on the mound last night. He completely controlled the game.

At least for the Tigers, the pitching matchup (on paper) favors them tonight when Ranaudo (11-3, 3-0 postseason) faces Green (5-3).

Of course that's if the LSU bats can wake up and hold their own.

Texas spoils LSU's party with a 5-1 win. They got a complete game from Taylor Jungmann and have another kid who's hit 5 HR's in Omaha after hitting none all year. So it comes down to one more game winner take all. Should be fun.

Jungman was lights out on the mound last night. He completely controlled the game.

At least for the Tigers, the pitching matchup (on paper) favors them tonight when Ranaudo (11-3, 3-0 postseason) faces Green (5-3).

Of course that's if the LSU bats can wake up and hold their own.
Man I'm tired. Rain delays suck - so does a good opposing pitcher. Jungmann was a beast last night. Everytime he got in a little trouble, he shutdown the following batter. LSU gets in one or two of those runners they left on third and the game changes. What a clutch performance by that kid - impressive. :)

It all comes down to one game!
Icongeauxtigers.png
popcorn2.gif

Last edited: