RochesterNY_locals Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This thread seems to be going nowhere. The only thing a dish change will do is lose you all the SD channels because the slimline 3 won't get you the 119 satellite. The reception of the HD channels is exactly the same on the slimline 3 as it is on the slimline 5.

Since last October Rochester channels 31(Fox), 13(ABC) and 21(PBS) have been for most of the time unavailable(searching for sat or pixelating). These HD channels are on 103S,TP22, which btw is showing a signal of 98. I have to mention, that two other channels on that TP22, are CBS and NBC, which have always been strong. Has anyone else been having issues with these channels in the north east?

BTW, my receiver is an HR21/200 with slimline5 dish. I verified the software, and it shows 0x462, thu12/20,3.35a. Why hasn't this receiver taken the latest software? Can I force an update by re-booting?

Since last October Rochester channels 31(Fox), 13(ABC) and 21(PBS) have been for most of the time unavailable(searching for sat or pixelating). These HD channels are on 103S,TP22, which btw is showing a signal of 98. I have to mention, that two other channels on that TP22, are CBS and NBC, which have always been strong. Has anyone else been having issues with these channels in the north east?

BTW, my receiver is an HR21/200 with slimline5 dish. I verified the software, and it shows 0x462, thu12/20,3.35a. Why hasn't this receiver taken the latest software? Can I force an update by re-booting?

If it's in the datastream. National releases aren't always there. Have you tried the CE program? It has beta software and may help. As far as the stations, have you contacted them? Call and ask for engineering. Most of them like talking tech stuff. See if they have had uplink problems.

There has definitely been updates NR wise for this recvr, the version you have is old and I'm not sure why it wouldn't have updated on it's own.

As for the Locals, Yes, contact each networks Chief Engineer ...
That said, you'd think that if they have been down for that long, it would have been addressed by them by now.

Do you know anyone else with D* in your area, check with them and see if they are getting the locals ?

Are you sure it's 0x462? Not 0x062? And what's your zip code. are you actually in Rochester??

EDIT: I checked your other posts and you are actually in Canada.

EDIT AGAIN: CBS and NBC are on TP22, 103S, but ABC/PBS/FOX are on TP18 on 99s.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's 0x462? Not 0x062? And what's your zip code. are you actually in Rochester??

EDIT: I checked your other posts and you are actually in Canada.

EDIT AGAIN: CBS and NBC are on TP22, 103S, but ABC/PBS/FOX are on TP18 on 99s.

Really ???
Isn't that rather odd that a few locals would be on one Sat while the others on a different ?
I have never seen that before, typically as far as HD goes, it one local is on the 103 for example, they all are.

Edit:
WHAM ABC
WHEC NBC
WUHF FOX

All are on 103-22

Last edited:
If the op is in Canada, that could easily explain having problems with spot beam reception.

To the OP: It's not all that unusual. Depends on transponder availability. And DirecTV moves the locals around all the time when they want to find spotbeams that can cover a new DMA for HD channels.

To the OP:
1. If you are in Canada, you should say so in your post, I should not need to find out by searching your old posts
2. You are lucky to get ANY local spotbeams. Next week, next month, next year you might get none at all.

Really ???
Isn't that rather odd that a few locals would be on one Sat while the others on a different ?
I have never seen that before, typically as far as HD goes, it one local is on the 103 for example, they all are.

Edit:
WHAM ABC
WHEC NBC
WUHF FOX

All are on 103-22

Where are you getting this from Jimbo? According to GCTs tables, those three are on 99-18 and the others are on 103-22. That would better explain the op not getting those three but still getting the two if they are on different spot beams.

Edit: What I have is ROC and HEC on 103-22, and HAM, XXI, and UHF on 99-18.

Chip, I agree with you - as I posted, two are on 103-22 and three on 99-18.

Also if the OP has an H21 (not an HR21 as he posted) then he has I believe the current national release.

Where are you getting this from Jimbo? According to GCTs tables, those three are on 99-18 and the others are on 103-22. That would better explain the op not getting those three but still getting the two if they are on different spot beams.

Edit: What I have is ROC and HEC on 103-22, and HAM, XXI, and UHF on 99-18.

That is the versions on those tables you are using ?

Do you show the ones I listed elsewhere and how often do they change these tables ?
I've got about 3 different ones on the desktop I use.

That is the versions on those tables you are using ?

Do you show the ones I listed elsewhere and how often do they change these tables ?
I've got about 3 different ones on the desktop I use.

The one I checked was updated on 3/27.

Thanks all for your replies. Yes I am located on the northern side of the St laurence river about 30 miles north of Ogsdenburg. I did verify 99S TP 18, and my signal level is not very high(35-40). Not sure adjusting the dish will help, if I'm on the fringe of the spot beam. Also, know of three people in my area that have similar receivers, and are also having problems with those locals. My bad on the receiver, it's a H21 not HR21. In regards to the update, I'll try unplugging thr receiver for several minutes, maybe that will work.

As I posted, you have the correct software. And unplugging the receiver will not do anything. A signal strength of 35-40 is very low, almost to the point wqhere you will not get reception at all.

And if you are getting 98 on 103s/tp22, there's probably not much you can do to improve dish alignment. What signals do you see on 99c?

Maybe, but the increased gain of the Alaska/Hawaii dish may still not be enough to push the received signal from the edge of the spotbeam over the 60-70 threshold needed for stable reception. It's a lot of money for what might be a failed experiment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

7.99 protection plan

Remote problem with Genie RVU-C31 Client Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)