RochesterNY_locals Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe, but the increased gain of the Alaska/Hawaii dish may still not be enough to push the received signal from the edge of the spotbeam over the 60-70 threshold needed for stable reception. It's a lot of money for what might be a failed experiment.

True, but if it works for AL and HI, I would think it would make a difference for him. Perhaps driving around and seeing what others are using would prove helpful. They may be getting locals from somewhere closer though.

needed to make it a zip file as the xcel version wont upload directly

Attachments

• TPN_MAP_Domestic_13921_130327.zip
    878.4 KB · Views: 186
I'm not sure what is going on with TP18 on 99S. Yesterday I measured a level of 35 and picture was pixelating and today zero picture(searching for sat.) and TP18 is showing 0. I don't think changing the dish to a larger one would help.
The other fellows in my area all have the same dish as mine. At this time, there is nothing that can be done at my end, except wait and hope that these channels will return someday. I've been a Directv customer since 2004, and have always had those channels until last October.

Last edited:
I'm assuming others in your area started having reception issues at the same time you did in October. Most likely there was an adjustment made in the spot beam strength. I don't think they are steerable like the ones on the Spaceway sats.

When you are at the edge of the spot beam you can expect to see these variations, due to changes in atmospheric conditions, even if there have not been any specific adjustments in the spotbeams.

And FYI, the signal meters probably won't read anything much below 35, so "28" might give you a zero.

Just one last comment on this topic. All three channels are coming in solid this evening, and the TP level is 38. For most of daylight hours today, the TP was 0. It seems atmospheric conditions are a factor when on the fringe of the spot beam.

Just one last comment on this topic. All three channels are coming in solid this evening, and the TP level is 38. For most of daylight hours today, the TP was 0. It seems atmospheric conditions are a factor when on the fringe of the spot beam.

....as I said in my post....
Actually it's a miracle you are getting solid reception at a level of 38....

....as I said in my post....
Actually it's a miracle you are getting solid reception at a level of 38....

Typically, you'll want about 65 at the very least to have a solid signal.
That said, MOST Locals come in around 95-100 to give you perspective.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

7.99 protection plan

Remote problem with Genie RVU-C31 Client Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)