Roger Comes clean

I set the stage to see what you'd say. You didn't disappoint me. lol

Sorry Sidekick I couldn't care what you think. BTW I checked all my words and didn't find one misspelled. Besides I have editors that can fix those errors. I see you made it to my blog. Don't worry for my articles I have an editor. I also checked that, and didn't find any misspelled words either. You were wrong about that.

Amazon.com: Definitions: Poetry That Defines Love, Life and Beyond: Books: Timothy J. House
You didn't make it to the books website. There's the link for my "alleged" book above. Next time check your facts Mr. attorney. Myself and other writers tend to suck at grammar. Not all but some. I tend to think more of content and am less rigid with rule. Maybe it is seen as a downfall, but hey a lot about grammar is subjective. I'm not sure I like your use of ellipsis marks, oh yeah that's punctuation. I think an em dash works better.

I used whom mistakenly instead of who on my blog. Sue me ;)

Last edited:
The Clemens Report

Here's the Clemens report.

I skimmed it, and as PW said, it has all the pitchers names I brought up. LOL

A few things came out at me:
1. The first was the chart with the other hall-of-famers (page 23). Clemens was compared with 8 other hall-of-famers. Nothing that is out of place. He is in there with guys of different eras. Sandy Koufax holds the top spot of winning percentage. He was just a youngen when he retired.

2. They went pretty in-depth with run support between pitchers. I didn't read those parts in detail, but I was going to look into Nolan Ryan's run support when I compared him with Clemens before. I think Clemens had better hitting teams that help keep his winning record up.

3. The ERA charts are pretty interesting. They put together the league average ERAs (page 10 for Clemens). Only 2 years of his career was Clemens under the league average. I checked the numbers albeit a small sample (sorry salsa I don't have all night and 50 employees to research like they did) and for a three sample years the numbers looked accurate. Surely not a full assessment, so take that as you will.

There it is; you guys can look it over and see what you think about it. Like I said I only skimmed it, and did a little bit of research, so I'm not ready to fully comment on it just yet.

Attachments

• ClemensReport.pdf
    567.7 KB · Views: 127
Here is a little fuel to the fire:

McNamee's lawyer expects corroboration from Pettitte
Associated Press

Updated: January 29, 2008, 11:23 PM ET

The lawyer, Earl Ward, said Pettitte talked about HGH with trainer Brian McNamee following a conversation with Clemens, who has denied that he used HGH or steroids. McNamee worked with both Clemens and Pettitte.

"We're hopeful based on Andy's reputation that he will corroborate Brian's statements with regard to Roger," Ward said in a telephone interview.

Pettitte's meeting with a congressional committee investigating drug use in baseball was postponed until Monday. He originally was slated to appear for a deposition or transcribed interview Wednesday but the date was changed Tuesday by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

McNamee said in last month's Mitchell report that he injected Clemens at least 16 times with steroids or HGH in 1998, 2000 and 2001. He said he injected Pettitte two to four times with HGH.

Pettitte admitted two days after the Mitchell report was released that he tried HGH for two days in 2002 -- before it was banned by players and owners.

Ward said the discussion he was referring to occurred at Clemens' house.

"Based on what we know, there was a situation where Andy was speaking to Roger in Brian's presence, then Andy came over to Brian and essentially said, 'Why didn't you tell me about this stuff?' He referred to HGH," Ward said. "Brian discouraged him and then several months later, when he [Pettitte] got injured, he came back and asked Brian about it, and that's when Brian injected him. We believe that based on the fact that Andy came to Brian and asked him about HGH, it was Roger who told Andy about HGH and that's why he asked Brian about it."

Richard Emery, another lawyer for McNamee, said his client and Pettitte also discussed steroids use by Clemens.

ESPN - McNamee's lawyer expects corroboration from Pettitte - MLB

We'll see on Monday. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I expect Andy to tell the truth, regardless of the implications.

Associated Press

The lawyer, Earl Ward, said Pettitte talked about HGH with trainer Brian McNamee following a conversation with Clemens, who has denied that he used HGH or steroids. McNamee worked with both Clemens and Pettitte.

"We're hopeful based on Andy's reputation that he will corroborate Brian's statements with regard to Roger," Ward said in a telephone interview.

Pettitte's meeting with a congressional committee investigating drug use in baseball was postponed until Monday. He originally was slated to appear for a deposition or transcribed interview Wednesday but the date was changed Tuesday by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

McNamee said in last month's Mitchell report that he injected Clemens at least 16 times with steroids or HGH in 1998, 2000 and 2001. He said he injected Pettitte two to four times with HGH.

Pettitte admitted two days after the Mitchell report was released that he tried HGH for two days in 2002 -- before it was banned by players and owners.

"Based on what we know, there was a situation where Andy was speaking to Roger in Brian's presence, then Andy came over to Brian and essentially said, 'Why didn't you tell me about this stuff?' He referred to HGH," Ward said. "Brian discouraged him and then several months later, when he [Pettitte] got injured, he came back and asked Brian about it, and that's when Brian injected him. We believe that based on the fact that Andy came to Brian and asked him about HGH, it was Roger who told Andy about HGH and that's why he asked Brian about it."

Richard Emery, another lawyer for McNamee, said his client and Pettitte also discussed steroids use by Clemens.

We'll see on Monday. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I expect Andy to tell the truth, regardless of the implications.

I would say he was man enough to admit, and I do give him credit to be barave enough to admit it, but he only admitted to the "crime" because he was caught. A nice christian boy like that....:rolleyes:

Post number 7185 by salsadancer7 is a complete article copied directly from the source. I strongly question if he should get credit for posting that without any statement to quote that directly. A lot questions can be asked in the manner the article was presented. Am I or anybody else supposed to guess where Mr. salsadancer7 stands regarding the article? Based on this post alone Mr. salsadancer7 takes for granted that we know where he stands regarding the article and that is what I find wrong with his postulation.
Thank you

Good lord, get a life ... lol

Post number 7185 by salsadancer7 is a complete article copied directly from the source. I strongly question if he should get credit for posting that without any statement to quote that directly. A lot questions can be asked in the manner the article was presented. Am I or anybody else supposed to guess where Mr. salsadancer7 stands regarding the article? Based on this post alone Mr. salsadancer7 takes for granted that we know where he stands regarding the article and that is what I find wrong with his postulation.
Thank you

Associated Press

"Based on what we know"
from whom, McNamee?
This coming from the lawyer that is paid to represent him. Until I hear a response from Pettite, I wouldn't read too much into it.

We believe that based on the fact that Andy came to Brian and asked him about HGH, it was Roger who told Andy about HGH and that's why he asked Brian about it."

I can't believe he said that! Now that is funny.

So here what that looks like:
Because Clemens is using steroids, he must have told Petttite where to get them. How else would Pettite know?

According to the mitchell report lots of players knew about McNamee.

We'll see what comes out of it. That statement is laughable though.

I'm sure Pettite will be ask what he knew about Clemens when he goes before the commitee.

Salsa, what you need to do is post something after Pettite testifies. Cmon this is nothing more than hot air!

That is such a disgrace IMO. It took till 2002 to ban Steroids in MLB!

Thank you

What are you talking about? This is a forum not a term paper.

"Based on what we know"
from whom, McNamee?
This coming from the lawyer that is paid to represent him. Until I hear a response from Pettite, I wouldn't read too much into it.

We believe that based on the fact that Andy came to Brian and asked him about HGH, it was Roger who told Andy about HGH and that's why he asked Brian about it."

I can't believe he said that! Now that is funny.

So here what that looks like:
Because Clemens is using steroids, he must have told Petttite where to get them. How else would Pettite know?

According to the mitchell report lots of players knew about McNamee.

We'll see what comes out of it. That statement is laughable though.

I'm sure Pettite will be ask what he knew about Clemens when he goes before the commitee.

Salsa, what you need to do is post something after Pettite testifies. Cmon this is nothing more than hot air!

That is such a disgrace IMO. It took till 2002 to ban Steroids in MLB!

The reason I posted this was because Pettit is SUPPOSE to be one of Roger's closest friends. IF, and I do mean IF, he does testify stating Roger knew....that puts ALL the pressure ON ROGER to prove his innocence....and it McNamee's testimony no longer means a thing. WILL you then, question Pettit's credibility also?

Thank you

See....and people get upset with posters that post things like this!! How can anyone, in their right mind, want to place someone on 'ignore' when comments like this come out....??!!

Absolutely priceless!!!:bow!sadroll:haha:haha:haha

The reason I posted this was because Pettit is SUPPOSE to be one of Roger's closest friends. IF, and I do mean IF, he does testify stating Roger knew....that puts ALL the pressure ON ROGER to prove his innocence....and it McNamee's testimony no longer means a thing. WILL you then, question Pettit's credibility also?

I said if he testifys that bolsters McNamee's statements. It would give him corroberation.

ideally there should be 2 sources, and some type of physical evidence would be nice, but let's be realistic there isn't going to be physical evidence, or a second witness, so Pettites testimony will have to do.

I'm more picking on the Lawyers statements than, I think they are funny. Just because they are good friends doesn't mean he got the idea from Clemens.

We'll find out Monday. I'll leave it till then. If Pettite backs up McNamee's claims than Clemens doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)