Roger Comes clean

yeah, that was a real doctored video too.

In the "60 Minutes" interview, I have never seen an athlete so nervous in my life. Not even one sitting in a trail that was due to testify. Now again, I will try to go by the mantra of "innocent till proven guilty".....but he looks and acts like a man that has something to hide.....

...and " if it walks like a duck and quacks like one......":D

And he is accused by the uncorroborated testimony of a drug dealer (since steroids are illegal). So there you go.

I don't know if he is guilty or not, but if I were in his shoes I wouldn't want to be accused of something based on the evidence Mitchell has.

Let's also not forget that Pujols was reported to be on the list, but was not and Troy Glaus has been cleared by MLB, even before Mitchell came out with his report.

Mitchell also used Hearsay testimony against Brian Roberts. Mitchell justifies that claiming it's an admission against interest LMFAO!!! A witness told him he overheard Roberts admitting he did steroids to another person. That's his "creditable evidence"?

And he is accused by the uncorroborated testimony of a drug dealer (since steroids are illegal). So there you go.

I don't know if he is guilty or not, but if I were in his shoes I wouldn't want to be accused of something based on the evidence Mitchell has.

FBI and local police have used drug dealers as witnesses and informants before, that does not mean they are not credible. Hell, MOST information, I am sure, comes from people like that.

FBI and local police have used drug dealers as witnesses and informants before, that does not mean they are not credible. Hell, MOST information, I am sure, comes from people like that.

Yeah, but they corroborate the testimony before they ever use it! Sorry I'm former Coast Guard I know better!!!!!!!!!

Of course the report is a recommendation MLB and no formal criminal charges, so Mitchell probably felt he could get away with this BS.

Unless they can find another witness that saw the act, or someone Clemens told that he was taking Steroids it's McNamee's word against Clemens. McNamee doesn't have a reputation for being honest.

Welcome to the court of public opinion guilty until proven innocent.

Yeah, but they corroborate the testimony before they ever use it! Sorry I'm former Coast Guard I know better!!!!!!!!!

Of course the report is a recommendation MLB and no formal criminal charges, so Mitchell probably felt he could get away with this BS.

Unless they can find another witness that saw the act, or someone Clemens told that he was taking Steroids it's McNamee's word against Clemens. McNamee doesn't have a reputation for being honest.

Welcome to the court of public opinion guilty until proven innocent.

Who is to say that Roger has more credibility than the accuser? Put Roger on the stand and have him FOR THE RECORD, tell "the truth, the whole truth so help you GOD...." and we shall see. I personally think pitcher have gotten off the hook to easily. And seeing that most pitchers, with the exception of Jesse Orosco,Kenny Rodgers and Tom Glavine(momma's make sure your sons grow up to be either lefty pitchers or catchers...quickest way to the majors...;)), most pitchers are out by age 37-38.

Who is to say that Roger has more credibility than the accuser? Put Roger on the stand and have him FOR THE RECORD, tell "the truth, the whole truth so help you GOD...." and we shall see. I personally think pitcher have gotten off the hook to easily. And seeing that most pitchers, with the exception of Jesse Orosco,Kenny Rodgers and Tom Glavine(momma's make sure your sons grow up to be either lefty pitchers or catchers...quickest way to the majors...;)), most pitchers are out by age 37-38.

Look into McNamee's background and tell me that he's a credible witness.

Most pitchers are out by 37 or 38.
Well let's take a look at that statement;
Curt Schilling 41, The Babe 40, Jack Morris was 41 and Nolan Ryan all righties pitched over 40. So if you're theory is correct they are roid users also? Heck Nolan threw practice pitches over 100mph into 40s.
He retired at 46 and Clemens is 45.

Problem is, the guy was close to Clemens, was going away if he got caught in a lie, had no reason what so ever to implicate Clemens except for it to be true so he wouldn't go away. He was getting nothing more out of it. And oh that phone conversation, please, sorry to say it but Clem is in some deep doo doo now.

Problem is, the guy was close to Clemens, was going away if he got caught in a lie, had no reason what so ever to implicate Clemens except for it to be true so he wouldn't go away. He was getting nothing more out of it. And oh that phone conversation, please, sorry to say it but Clem is in some deep doo doo now.

What is not in the report (but came out later) is that McNamee originally said Clemens didn't use steroids, but all of the sudden now he does. Sounds too fishy to me. Sorry I can't give McNamee any credibility, plus there's issues with some of his stories with other players.

I have a real problem with people that can't keep their story strait.

What is not in the report (but came out later) is that McNamee originally said Clemens didn't use steroids, but all of the sudden now he does. Sounds too fishy to me. Sorry I can't give McNamee any credibility, plus there's issues with some of his stories with other players.

I have a real problem with people that can't keep their story strait.

Came out where? Not questioning your credibility, just want to read it for myself.

ESPN - Clemens files defamation lawsuit against ex-trainer McNamee - MLB

The suit, first reported by the Houston Chronicle, states that when McNamee told others that when he first was interviewed by federal law enforcement last June, he denied Clemens had used steroids or human growth hormone. The suit quotes McNamee as saying he was pressured by Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky -- key members of the BALCO prosecution -- to implicate Clemens. The suit did not attribute where the quote from McNamee was obtained.

Looking for the AP article

[FONT=geneva,Arial,helvetica][SIZE=+1]St. Petersburg police records: Clemens' ex-trainer lied during 2001 rape case
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=geneva,Arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Author: ANTHONY McCARTNEY Associated Press Writer
Date: January 8, 2008
Publication: Associated Press Archive
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,Arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Detectives believed the former New York Yankees trainer who says he injected Roger Clemens with steroids lied to them during the 2001 investigation of a possible rape, according to documents released Tuesday by police.

Police said Brian McNamee denied having sex with a possibly drugged woman in a hotel pool, even though security guards and other witnesses said they saw him. McNamee hired a New York attorney, who called detectives to arrange an interview.

"I explained...

This is something I haven't seen before, goes to credibility. It costs $1.50 to subscribe and read the whole article :(.

still looking for the other article[/SIZE][/FONT]

I think I found it, but I'm too cheap to pay the $1.50 for the article :D

here's an article from Houston
Texas on the Potomac: Mitchell sides with McNamee
personally I think there is too many holes in the Mitchell report, to believe Mitchell. His half-ass explanation of the hearsay testimony was way more then enough for me to suspect any of Mitchell's comments.

Another problem I have with Mitchell is he is a Boston Red Sox Director. Why was he even involved in this investigation? I find that a conflict of interest.

One last complaint about Mitchell: when ask by AP to release all the documents in the footnotes he refused. Why? I see the Houston Chronicle also reported on this. Lawyer: Withheld evidence hurts Mitchell report | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

still looking for the actual article that has the quote from ESPN, DOH! I give up I guess I'll have to take ESPN's word for it.

Last edited:
Everyone lied at the beginning, denial, denial, denial. Then when things start to get serious the truth comes out. It always seems to work this way. Again, Mac may have lied in several situations in the past, I don't think he is this time.

Also, trainers, strength coaches etc...just plain don't give injections in professional sports teams locker rooms. It is just plain unheard of. Everyone, ex players etc... that are now TV guys have stated that it just never happens. Shots in the back by someone other than a physician, very, very fishy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)