Too Late To Join the C-Band Game?

caramel

Original poster
May 22, 2024
USA
Someone in my vicinity has listed a C-band dish for free on the marketplace and I am considering taking up that offer, however, I'm uncertain if it justifies the effort of renting a truck, driving for several hours to retrieve it, and then installing it at my home.

You also have to take into consideration the additional cost of installing those filters as well due to 5G interference. If the dish at your location directly faces a 5G tower, you might also have to build a Faraday contraption. That's why I wouldn't personally opt for one, but I'll let the others chime in. I think it also needs to be at least 8-foot to allow for proper spacing so that you can receive a greater amount of satellites. If it's 6-foot, it'll get some of the stronger ones, but it might not see everything. (In other words, the bigger it is, the better.)

Can you financially justify? Probably not. Now it's all about the passion of wanting to experiment and receive satellite signals. It's a hobby. Trying to financially justify hobbies is a losing game.

ADDED: Over at Rick's, somebody is offering for FREE a beautiful set of dishes and equipment too. There was a time when this would have been spoken for in minutes. It's been posted for a day and still no takers. What a shame.
Free FTA System.jpg

Last edited:

Switching