Roku CanadaTV App

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kc1ih

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
Well, not satellite, but a new way to apparently legally watch Canadian TV in the US:

I recently found (in the US) an app for Roku called CanadaTV. It only gives you three feeds of the Global network plus the CityTV morning show and a French language channel. It costs $1.99 a month to subscribe.

It would be nice if this app could expand to carry other Canadian networks but I don’t expect that to happen since the app is owned by Rogers/Shaw and only carries their channels. Another alternative I would like to see is for the other major networks CBC and CTV to launch their own apps so they can be viewed in the US. Hopefully if this happened it would include multiple time-zone feeds plus their respective news channels.

Does anyone know if anything like this is in the works?

Larry

Well, not satellite, but a new way to apparently legally watch Canadian TV in the US:

I recently found (in the US) an app for Roku called CanadaTV. It only gives you three feeds of the Global network plus the CityTV morning show and a French language channel. It costs $1.99 a month to subscribe.

It would be nice if this app could expand to carry other Canadian networks but I don’t expect that to happen since the app is owned by Rogers/Shaw and only carries their channels. Another alternative I would like to see is for the other major networks CBC and CTV to launch their own apps so they can be viewed in the US. Hopefully if this happened it would include multiple time-zone feeds plus their respective news channels.

Does anyone know if anything like this is in the works?

Larry
I don't know of anything but I watch CTV news in Calgary on line. I wish I could get CBC Heartland on line then I could drop my ShawDirect altogether.

I don't know of anything but I watch CTV news in Calgary on line. I wish I could get CBC Heartland on line then I could drop my ShawDirect altogether.

I believe that feed won't work if it detects a non-Canadian ip address.

Basically any Canadian TV feed, they are restricted to being seen in Canada AFAIK. If you know different please enlighten us, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)