Roku has HBO GO "channel"

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I stopped using Roku a couple of months back when I dumped Netflix. But today I just checked it out and discovered, much to my delight, that HBO GO is now a channel on the Roku Box. In combination with the Epix channel on Roku I am almost completely covered here. Just need them to add the Starz app and I would be good to go!

Some may think this irrelevant because of all the other "on demand" places HBO Go is available, but to me this is a God Send. I personally still have trouble with Dish Network's VOD interface. It is so clunky in comparison the ROKU. The PQ is great and sound is okay.

I am looking forward to a "Blockbuster" channel on Roku. I know its a longshot, but it's great!

I just purchased and installed the Roku 2 XS and played with it awhile. I bought this model because it has Angry Birds on the box. My six year old grandson loves the game. Also I have Dish and HBO so the HBO GO is a nice addition. We are all flying down to Marco Island next week and I am planing on taking the Roku for my grandson so he can play Angry Birds and we can watch Netflix & HBO in the hotel. I like the ability to pause the HBO or Netflix movie and get back to it latter. These liittle boxes are a great to tuck in the suitcase. Takes up no room to speak of!

You can only subscribe to HBO GO if you have HBO already, and further your provider needs to sign on for it. TWC does not, so although I subscribe to HBO, I could not use this. I wonder a bit about usefulness. The Roku isn't portable like an iPad, and by definition, you already have the HBO feed going to your TV.

I could see the point if HBO was willing to provide a net only subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)